Our client is looking for an enthusiastic sessional Senior Practitioner to deliver their Toy Library ‘stay and play’ sessions, alongside offering information and support directly to families.
Location: Hertford Hub / Watford Hub
Hourly Rate: £10.75/hour (plus holiday pay of 12.07%)
Temporary Role until 31st March 2018
Hours: 26 hours per week (to include Wednesday and Thursday mornings)
This charity's Hubs are commissioned to provide a high quality information and support service to families of disabled children/young people with additional needs aged 0-19years across Hertfordshire.
This will include (but not be limited to):
- Delivering 2 Toy Library sessions per week to families of disabled children/young people with additional needs (specifically on Wednesday morning in Watford and Thursday morning in Hertford)
- Undertaking administrative responsibilities for the Toy Library
- Helping parents/carers to find activities, support groups and training
- Supporting parents with relevant forms, letters and meetings
- Signposting parents, carers and professionals to a range of local services for disabled children and young people including specialist services
If you have a relevant NVQ2 qualification (or equivalent) and you are able to demonstrate:
- at least 1 years’ experience of working in a supportive role with families
- good understanding of a wide range of disabilities/impairments and the impact for children/young people and their families
- excellent communication skills and ability to work as part of a team
Then they would like to hear from you!
Closing Date: Thursday 21st September, 5pm
Provisional Interview Date: Tues 19th September
To find out more information and apply for this position, please click the apply button. You will be taken to a simple CHM Recruit form and then redirected to the employer’s website.
Our client is an equal opportunities employer.
They are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Therefore, they expect all workers and employees to share this commitment.
No agencies please.