Youth Support Worker
Back to Back Care currently offer a fantastic opportunity for an experienced support worker to work for a rapidly expanding company who specialise in young people's services, dedicated to improving the lives of young people leaving care.
This will be a challenging yet rewarding role where you will need to work under pressure and develop great relationships.
Candidates should have:
· Young Persons Workforce level 2 or 3 in Health and Social Care
· To have a flexible work approach and to work shifts and to undertake duties in the evenings, weekends and sleep ins as and when required
· Experience within Social Care and youth work is compulsory
· Must have sound knowledge and understanding of current regulations
· Excellent presentation and communication skills
· Have authority, confidence and experience dealing with 16 to 21 year olds who may have challenging behaviour.
Working as the sole member of staff on shift in a young person’s semi-independent unit, you will be responsible for the safeguarding of young people aged 16 to 21 within the service whilst adhering to current policies and procedures. You must therefore be confident and authoritative and have experience working with this age group, therefore this role may suit a mature candidate who is able to command the respect of the young people and ensure suitable behaviour is maintained within the home.
You will also need to develop and maintain relationships with the young people, acting as a mentor and advisor and someone they can trust and rely on as they make the transition into adulthood and full independence from the care system.
You’ll need at least 1 full year paid or voluntary experience in the social work and care sector with references. You could get this in a number of ways like:
· working or volunteering at a youth club
· working as a social work assistant
· paid or voluntary work in a care home, nursery or relevant charity
· working in semi-independent unit (most preferable)
In order to apply, please send CVs through by clicking on the 'Apply Now' button below.