New opportunity not to be missed! Arriva Transport Solutions Ltd (ATSL) are recruiting for 2x Operations Supervisors to join the team based in Gloucester. The successful Operations Supervisor will receive a competitive salary of £21,500 per annum.
Arriva Transport Solutions Ltd (ATSL) is a specialist transport business within the Arriva group offering high quality non-emergency patient transport across the health sector.
Working at Arriva Transport Solutions is more than a job - you are part of a healthcare system that ensures patients receive the care and support they need. The Operations Supervisor position is a rewarding role within the patient transport service where no two days are the same.
The Operations Supervisor Role:
Acting as first line supervisor to all staff you will assist the Operations Manager in contract performance, staffing, conduct and quality and standards. You will support Ambulance Care Assistants in the successful completion of their role and will exemplify the standards that ATSL expects from all staff, and will be experts in the various aspects of “day to day” operations setting the bar for quality and compliance.
Supported by your Operations Manager, and with training and development where required, this is arguably the most important managerial post in the organization because it is the role with direct, daily interaction with the front line workforce, you will be setting the standard.
You will be expected to be a local decision maker to ensure delivery from your base, handling all operational matters within a broad set of guidelines that apply nationally.
Key tasks as our Operations Supervisor include:
- Daily Vehicle and Base Checks
- Ensure time off base is in line with target
- Ensure idling is in line with target
- Manage VOR and vehicle sheduling
- Complete daily Check Point
- Awareness of device Button Press success rate
- Base compliance
- Drivers Checks /Licences / Uniforms, Daily House keeping
- Driver Debriefs and Scores/Engagement on Prodometer
- Incidents & Complaints
- Basic level investigations and issuing of file notes
- Return to work interviews
Our ideal Operations Supervisor:
- Experience of working in a high profile, complex business with a full understanding of delivery of healthcare logistics or transport (direct PTS experience preferred)
- Proven experience in achieving KPI’s within a highly regulated industry, understanding of financial management, wider management principles and leadership techniques coupled with a high level of commercial and strategic awareness, strong, proven problem solving skills
- Significant experience of managing and influencing staff, delivering proven contribution to wider corporate issues including engagement at senior levels
- Successful track record of leadership with demonstrable experience of coaching and developing team capability in line with the business plan and organisational vision
- Excellent organisational and communication skills, presentation, mediation and negotiation, proven ability to engage at all levels within an organisation to obtain necessary information
- Excellent organizational change, project management, analytical and problem solving skills
Our people are at the heart of our organisation. Their expertise and dedication allow us to provide the highest levels of care for our patients. Because we know how important the work that you do is, we also know how important it is to look after you, making sure you are happy, healthy and have all the necessary training, support and resources to carry out your role to the very best of your ability.
Don’t miss out on this fantastic opportunity, click “Apply” now to become our Operations Supervisor!
Successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.