Lifting & Rigging Equipment Service Engineer
Position: Lifting & Rigging Equipment Service Engineer. Location: Chester – with travel. Salary: Dependant on experience and ability.
A small but growing Chester based business have an exciting opportunity for Lifting Equipment Service Engineer to join their team. The company service, maintain, inspect and certify lifting & loose rigging equipment that come under LOLER and PUWER regulations, working predominately within the entertainment and events industries. The ideal candidate will have a strong mechanical and electrical engineering background, preferably with experience of lifting and rigging equipment, though not essential.
You will be required to work within the Workshop in Chester in addition to travelling to Customer sites across England and Wales.
Lifting Engineer Key Responsibilities:
- ensure all equipment presented by the customer is calibrated and inspected to current industry regulations (LOLER).
- Identify any faults in equipment.
- Complete thorough investigations into breakdowns and identify replacement parts required.
- Ensure all repairs are inspected, tests completed and signed off to acceptable industry regulations.
- Ensure all lifting equipment is to the correct specification and has passed all safety tests and inspections in accordance with LOLER.
- Provide a professional and friendly service to all customers both internally and externally at all times.
- Adhere to all health and safety procedures as outlined by the company, customers and LOLER guidelines.
- Completing all paperwork and ensuring all maintenance and certification records are completed in a timely manner.
- Mechanical / Electrical Engineer background with experience of rigging / lifting equipment would be highly beneficial
- Conversant with LOLER and PUWER regulations would be a distinct advantage as this forms’ the basis for what we offer as a service.
- Computer Literate, the role will involve some PC and tablet device work.
- A full, clean UK driving licence.
- Prepared to undertake necessary training in order to succeed in the role.
- As the role is both workshop and field based flexibility is required, there may on occasion be the requirement to stay away.
- Experience of all lifting equipment, able to demonstrate knowledge with previous work experiences.
This is a full time permanent position. As the company grows there is the potential to develop the role within a fast-moving environment.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for then please apply attaching your CV.