Translations Project Manager
We have an exciting opportunity, not to be missed! At LanguageLine Solutions, we currently have an opportunity for a Translations Project Manager to join our expanding team based in Canary Wharf, London. The successful candidate will join us on a full time, permanent basis and will receive a competitive salary of £21,000 per annum.
LanguageLine Solutions’ UK operation is part of the worldwide LanguageLine Solutions group with global headquarters in California and European headquarters in London. Our client portfolio includes over 25,000 organisations from around the world, ranging across all industry sectors including finance and banking, insurance, legal services, healthcare, government, emergency services, manufacturing and engineering.
We have an opening for a Project Manager in the Translations Team based in our European Headquarters in Canary Wharf, London. This role will be responsible for managing the completion of translation, localisation, transcription, alternative format, proofreading, voiceover and subtitling projects.
Key Responsibilities of our Translations Project Manager will include:
In this role you will be expected to uphold the management of the entire lifecycle of multiple language projects in a fast-paced environment. You will be expected to use project management portal for the assignment of files, project tracking and invoicing (experience with Plunet is a plus). This will involve day-to-day management of supplier queries and client liaison.
Other duties as a Translations Project Manager will include:
- Monitoring and control of projects status
- Liaising with sales staff to clarify project parameters
- Negotiating with vendors
- Managing project finances, including budgeting
- Preparation and maintenance of project documentation
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with contract translators and proof-readers globally
- Compliance with relevant and applicable procedures
- Quality checks and signing-off of deliverables
- Delivery of finalised work to clients, ensuring that all deadlines are met
- Creating client invoices
- Coordination of project teams and assignment of responsibilities to more junior team members
- Face-to-face meetings and telephone calls for management of existing client accounts and new business opportunities
What we’re looking for in our Translations Project Manager:
- Previous Translations Project Management background (minimum of 1 year of experience)
- Key project management skills
- English to a native level (additional languages are a plus)
- A degree in Translation, Modern Languages, Linguistics or similar
- Impeccable presentation, communication and customer service skills, with the ability to clearly present updates and requests for information to the client
- Strong organisational and multitasking skills
- Problem-solving and analytical capabilities
- Ability to work well in a team within a multi-language/multi-cultural environment
- Proactive approach to supplier follow-up and project management
- Ability to identify efficient working practices and adopt these throughout the project life-cycle
- Proficiency in Computer Assisted Translation (CAT) tools (SDL Trados Studio, XTM, MemoQ)
- Advanced IT skills
So if you feel up to the challenge and would like to become our new Translations Project Manager then come and join us – don’t miss out, click ‘apply’ today!