Make your career fly…
Are you driven by innovation and ideas, have a ‘can do’ attitude, and experience in engineering? If so, read on to uncover this superb opportunity with employee-focused business Héroux-Devtek, where your expertise will help to drive the business forward, and you will be encouraged and supported to develop your career and given the opportunity to work with minimal supervision.
Who will I be working with?
Héroux-Devtek is an international company specialising in the design, development, manufacture, integration, testing and repair and overhaul of landing gear and actuation systems and components for the Aerospace market. Founded in 1942, the business has a rich history which includes manufacturing the landing gear for the Apollo Lunar Module which landed on the moon’s surface in 1969.
Héroux-Devtek’s global reputation for quality and reliability exists thanks to the achievements of its employees, and the business truly believes in providing employees with continuous training and professional development, and fosters a strong entrepreneurial culture where each team member has a distinct role to play in the success of the business.
So, what will the role of Design Engineer entail?
As part of an experienced team you will work within the Filtration Division designing aircraft filtration and hydraulic equipment. Your design decisions as well as your technical expertise will help to shape the direction of the department and the business itself. Your duties will include;
- Completing conceptual and detailed design of filtration products
- Overseeing the day-to-day technical activities of a small project team
- Ensuring that projects are completed to cost and in a timely manner
- Compiling technical bid documents
What will I need to be considered for this Design Engineer vacancy?
- Proven experience in product design, including applying functional analysis and requirements engineering to the design process
- High standard of IT literacy, including Microsoft Office and Project
- Experience of compiling technical bid documentation
- Motivation to succeed, with a proactive ‘can do’ approach
- Superb interpersonal skills, with the ability to motivate and encourage others
You will also have a strong working knowledge / understanding of;
- Modern drawing standards and CAD systems, including GD&T
- National / international aerospace standards
- Structured BOM's in the composition of assemblies
- Hydraulic component/systems design
- Design change ECN’s
- Modern manufacturing/assembly techniques
- Material/treatment selection combined with knowledge of corrosion effects and its prevention
What will I receive in return?
Salary: Level dependent on experience and qualifications
Additional benefits: 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, company pension scheme, and salary sacrifice healthcare scheme
Contract type: Permanent
Hours of work: Monday to Thursday, 8am to 4:45pm and Friday 8am to 1:30pm
Location: Bolton (Greater Manchester)
All applications to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions.
This Design Engineer vacancy is advertised by JVP Jobs on behalf of the employer Héroux-Devtek. At JVP Jobs we believe in providing complete transparency for you the job seeker to help you make informed decisions. By applying for this role you are submitting your CV directly to our above named client. Please note that we DO NOT operate as a recruitment agency, all applications will be reviewed directly by the employer Héroux-Devtek, and should they wish to progress your application further they will be in contact with you.
Feel free to visit www.JVPJobs.co.uk to access CV and interview tips, apply for advertised vacancies, and set up email job alerts.