Labourer/Window Fitters Mate
Labourer/Window Fitters Mate with previous construction experience, required to work in family run business, earning up to £18k per annum dependant on experience.
We specialise in the supply, installation, repair and care of PVCu doors, windows, fascias, soffits and guttering. Based in Rubery, we are a family business and we work throughout Birmingham and the surrounding areas, helping local homeowners to update and enhance their properties with our low cost, high quality products.
We place the customer at the heart of everything we do and we are now looking to expand our team due to being awarded a substantial new contract.
- Directly reporting to the window fitter / supervisor on site and working as part of a team.
- Following a set of Safe System of Work (SSOW) Risk assessments and Method Statements.
- Loading and unloading of van.
- The selection and monitoring of materials and sundries to keep the fitters van stocked with regularly used items such as sealants and fixings.
- Preparation of materials for the fitter on site.
- Sweeping cleaning and removal of waste from the site.
- Disposal of waste, separating materials for recycling (at our own yard).
- Some completion of paperwork is to be expected at times.
- Attending regular training as required for the contract and HASAWA
Your Skills & Experience
- Holding a valid CSCS card is essential, as is having previous construction/site experience;
- Ideally you will have had some previous experience of window/door fitting, although full training will be given;
- We are looking for someone with a flexible approach who is capable of working with minimum supervision;
- You should hold a full driving licence;
- Ideally you will have attended an Asbestos Awareness Course within the last 12 months;
- Holding a current First Aid Certificate would be beneficial, as would evidence of you receiving Working at Heights/PASMA training;
- DBS checks may be undertaken;
Terms & Benefits
- Competitive salary of up to £18,000 per annum based on 40 hrs per week, dependant on experience;
- Regular voluntary paid overtime;
- Paid Annual Leave;
- Contributory Pension Scheme;
- Opportunity to receive training and company funded NVQ /MTC in Fenestration (window door fitting) or Glass and Glazing following a successful probationary period;