Senior Technical Operator - Gü Puds
Gü are moving to their new home in Bishop`s Stortford and are looking for people who are as passionate about Puds as they are.
Gü was launched in 2003 with three products, they have since grown into one of the leading premium dessert makers in the UK. They joined the Noble food group in 2010.
About the role
As a senior technical operator you will oversee the day to day operation of the production hall. You will lead short interval control meetings to drive efficiency and performance through your teams and root cause non conformances to close. You will plan and co-ordinate the training through your team to maintain a multi skilled workforce. You will be required to carry out quality assurance activities and escalate any non conformances through the correct channels. There may be a requirement to lead or support in project works and it would be expected of you to deliver against KPI`s. As a senior technical operator you will be required to deputise for the shift manager on occasions.
- You will have good leadership skills to motivate staff and manage a team; the ability to work to targets and deadlines; a good approachable manner and effective decision making skills.
- You will have leadership/ management experience (12-18 months minimum)
- It is essential that you have experience in a similar role in a manufacturing environment
- You will possess good IT skills and have working knowledge of Microsoft Office
You will work shifts from 7am-7pm or 7pm-7am on a four days on/four days off rotation.
There is a night shift premium rate
- Life assurance (from the end of 2017)
- Free puds in the canteen
- Competitive pension scheme
- Free parking onsite
- Perkbox benefits
Please note that the application process involves taking an online assessment to assess your basic numeracy, literacy and IT skills
If your application is successful you must be available to attend an Assessment Day that will be taking place at the new Gü Home in Bishop Stortford on one of the following dates:
23rd or 30th August 2017
6th or 13th September 2017
This role would be perfect for you if you have worked before as a food production supervisor, warehouse manager, food factory manager or supervisor, production team leader.