Microbiology Research Technician
We are looking for a Microbiology Research Technician for a company based just outside Cambridge. You will have 2+ years' experience in a Microbiology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology or related Biological Science laboratory.
* Preparation, storage and management of bacterial and viral stocks.
* QC checks of biological stocks
* Time-kill exposure experiments in line with methods and standards.
* Reading of plates, confirmation and validation of analytical results as required.
* Adhering to documented procedures for all aspects of laboratory work, ensuring that all relevant information concerning samples is recorded, that samples are handled correctly, and that all necessary data are maintained.
* Reporting and / or calculation of results in accordance with the methods of analysis.
* Working with the team to drive the laboratory forward through continuous improvement.
* Knowledge and experience of working in busy commercial microbiology laboratory, ideally a CRO, clinical microbiology, food microbiology, water and environmental testing or R&D laboratories.
* Extensive hands on experience of working with a wide range of bacterial pathogens in a category 2 laboratory is essential
* Extensive experience of TVC assays, preparation, storage and management of bacterial stocks and media preparation would be of benefit.
* Experience of working with bacteriophage including isolations, plaque assay, lysate preparation, DNA isolations and simple characterisations while advantageous would not be essential as full in-house training will be provided.
For more information, please contact a consultant - email@example.com