We are looking for a hard working, professional Stores Assistant to join a team based just north of Cambridge. For the right candidate, this temporary contract should become permanent. You'll be dedicated to getting things done and able to assist in developing the company stores. You will be enthusiastic with strong attention to detail and capable of communicating clearly with colleagues at all levels within the business. You'll need to be physically fit as heavy lifting is a routine part of the position. What You'll Be Doing: * Ensure an efficient and accurate flow of work to the production line and accurate results for physical inventory counting.
* Identify stock discrepancies against computerised system and aim for Zero errors in all areas in stores functions undertaken
* Maintaining the company's procedures and systems pertaining to storage and issue of materials.
* Perpetual inventory counting.
* Ensuring special handling techniques are adhered to and procedures carried out to company standard.
* Kit components for line production kitting and subcontract assembly.
* Checking off, putting away and booking in stock through goods inwards
* Logging data using the company's fully computerised stock control system.
* Providing a high level of customer service to inner departments in order to satisfy demands.
* Ensuring safe working practices when handling and moving loads in compliance with health and safety procedures.
* Receiving and processing customer returns
* Ensuring personal deliveries are collected / delivered to the appropriate receiver What We're Looking For: * Educated to GCSE level
* Previous experience in a stock related position either in administration, stock control, stores, logistics, etc
* Good IT skills with an understanding of MRP based systems
* Strong attention to detail
* Ideally you will be proficient in health and safety issues with experience of static handling procedures
* A fork lift licence would be a bonus
* Previous Kanban experience would be of benefit