General Catering Manager - Retail/Event Catering
General Catering Manager – Retail/Event Catering– up to £29k plus Bonus DOE
Do you thrive in a fast paced, commercial environment that can only offer the highest quality of service? Can you get the best out of people whist keeping them engaged and focussed? Are you innovative, passionate about food and looking for a new challenge where you can run your restaurant like it was your own? If so this could be the opportunity you are looking for.
Servest are recruiting for a General Catering Manager to be based within a prestigious Retail catering/Event location that is open to the public. Previous experience in a public retail Catering Management role is essential. Applicants must be able to demonstrate great communication and customer service skills, have a real passion for food and service. You will hold a real passion for food, be used to adapting with current food trends and be quick on the uptake of new innovative ideas. Reporting to the Operational Manager you will head up the site. The site is open 7 days a week with a variety of services from an onsite restaurant, pop up catering and events as well as onsite kiosks- so you must be flexible with working hours.
As the General Manager your duties will include:
- Managing a large team of staff covering full time and casuals, covering the onsite public restaurant, pop up café bars, corporate hospitality, kiosk and events
- Training and maintaining your team to provide quality customer service at all times
- You will be the first point of contact for the client so a professional and customer focused approach is needed- You will be the innovation behind driving new concepts and consistently work to improve the already fantastic service.
General Manager – Desired experience
- At least 2 years as a General Catering Manager or Group Manager covering public retail catering and high profile hospitality (catering experience from a visitor attraction site would be advantageous)
- Knowledge of current food trends and a passion for fresh quality food is a must.
- You will have strong financial and commercial acumen, with the ability to reporting weekly on budget performance as well as a history of conducting site audits
- As the General Manager you must be able to lead, develop and motivate staff- as well as run an effective recruitment process- a overall great communicator
- This will be your site so it needs to run like clockwork- we are looking for pro-active managers who are prepared and forward thinking with excellent organisation skills.
- You will demonstrate exceptional attention to detail, be the face of the business and always be happy to get stuck in to assist your team- a leader by example with a smile!
- Day to day you will demonstrate an analytical approach to problem solving have good negotiating skills and the ability to work on your own initiative
- We are looking for a manager who is innovative and can bring new ideas to the table, is confident with an outgoing personality as well as being professional and the face of our business. You must be keen to continue self-development within this role and have ambition for further promotion or growth.
Catering Manager Benefits
We offer excellent career and development opportunities, as an organisation that's proud of its great people, we believe in the opportunity to recognise and share success, that's why we offer a competitive salary and great bonus, study support and additional benefits. You will be working in a flagship site.
If you are interested in applying for this role and meet the above criteria, please email your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org or click apply.
Apply for General Catering Manager - Retail/Event Catering
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly