Graduate Technical Writer
Title: Graduate Technical Writer
Working Hours: 8:15 – 17:00
Location: Chadderton, Greater Manchester
Salary: Structured Graduate Development Scheme salary
Ultimate Products Ltd are currently seeking a dynamic and career-driven candidate to join our Creative team within the role of Graduate Technical Writer/ Copywriter.
As a key member of our Creative writing team, you will be responsible for proofreading, writing and editing all instruction manuals and artwork for our branded products. This is an ideal role for a recent graduate wanting to break into the copywriting field and apply their excellent writing skills and attention to detail within a dynamic and fast-paced business environment.
As a graduate trainee within our Graduate Scheme, you are provided with a role-specific personal development plan, regular reviews and feedback plus one-to-one and group training sessions. If you’re a recent graduate or due to graduate in 2017, our trainee roles offer a unique opportunity for practical experience and career progression.
- To accurately convert basic product specification text into high quality product copy and upload to our online platforms.
- Proofread, write and edit all instruction manuals and artwork.
- Typeset instruction manuals using InDesign, as and when required.
- To create and manage product marketing materials such as Offer Sheets and Company presentational documents, ensuring they are available for other departments such as Directors, Sales, Buying and Design.
- Create, develop and present product brand & product range presentations (Brand Bibles) that will be used by the Sales & Buying teams.
- Assist the Studio Manager and the Concept team by providing strap lines, copy for packaging, websites and presentations for each of the brands where required.
Our ideal candidate:
- A recent degree in English, Creative Writing, Journalism or a similar specialism.
- At least 6 months work experience, preferably working in a copywriting role.
- Strong IT skills; the ability to use Mac programs e.g. Photoshop, InDesign is advantageous.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to work within a diverse team.
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Hard working, self-motivated and able to work in a timely manner with minimal supervision.
- Local to the Oldham area or able to commute.
Fit our criteria? Apply now!
Our Graduate Development Scheme offers the opportunity for graduates to get their foot in the door in a variety of challenging and rewarding industries. If you’re looking for a new career path or to set out on the career ladder, we want to hear from you!
To apply, submit your CV and covering letter to our recruitment team and we’ll get back to you if your application is successful.
And to learn more about all things UP including our Graduate Development Scheme, Staff Benefits, Brands, Product divisions and more... check out our website www.upgs.com
Follow us! To receive updates from our very own grads and to be in the know of all our current opportunities, follow our Twitter page @UPGS_Trainees
Based in Greater Manchester, Ultimate Products has experienced huge growth on account of its branded strategy, adding brand names such as Beldray , Russell Hobbs , Progress and Salter to our extensive portfolio. With a focus on branded products including Housewares, Electrical and Audio items, we’re dedicated to providing high quality products at competitive prices. Our retail customers include Asda, Tesco, B&M, Matalan and TK Maxx.
graduate, development scheme, supply chain, writing, copywriting, technical writing, training, progression, opportunities, business, Oldham, Greater Manchester, full-time
Apply for Graduate Technical Writer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly