Graduate Trainee Accounts Clerk
Due to continued business expansion into 2017, the team at Ultimate Products are on a major recruitment drive to fill a series of roles within the Graduate Development Scheme .
Based in Chadderton, Greater Manchester, Ultimate Products Ltd has experienced huge growth on account of our branded strategy, adding top brands such as Progress to our already extensive brand portfolio which includes names such as Beldray , Russell Hobbs and Salter . With a focus on branded products including Housewares, Electrical and Audio items, we’re dedicated to providing high quality products at competitive prices.
As a graduate trainee within the Graduate Development Scheme, you are provided with a role-specific personal development plan, regular reviews and feedback plus one-to-one and group training sessions. If you’re a recent graduate or due to graduate in 2017, our trainee roles offer a unique opportunity for practical experience and career progression within an international business.
As Graduate Trainee Accounts Clerk within the Company, you will gain valuable experience in a variety of duties within our Accounts department including credit control, sales and purchase ledger management, data entry and administration. This is an ideal position for a recent graduate aiming to utilise their industry-specific skills and understanding within a dynamic and multi-national business.
- To accurately add all factory deposits onto the purchase ledger, ensuring that all deposits are still valid and escalating those orders requiring refunds to the Merchandising team.
- To raise and process all payments as required ensuring that they are accurate and made within Company timescales. Any unusual payments are to be challenged and promptly escalated.
- To effectively liaise with the Imports department to ensure that all relevant documents have been received and full checks of invoice and PO numbers are carried out against internal spreadsheets.
- To ensure that the ledger is accurate and up-to-date at all times through timely allocations and the consistent resolution of supplier queries.
- To monitor unmatched aged payments, particularly unusual or high risk items and investigate them appropriately.
Our graduates play a key part in today’s business and in the development of the company for the future. With over 80 graduates now enrolled on the scheme, we have a proven track record of providing dedicated training, support and career guidance to our trainees.
Our ideal candidate:
- Recent degree essential, preferably at 2:2 or above
- At least 6 months work experience ideally within an office environment
- Excellent problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- Well organised with a strong work ethic
- Excellent IT skills particularly in Microsoft Excel
- Adaptable with a “do what it takes” mentally to completing job tasks to set deadlines.
- Mature and able to work in a timely manner with minimal supervision
- Lives locally or willing to commute
Fit our criteria?
Our Graduate Development Scheme offers a unique opportunity for graduates to get their foot in the door in a variety of challenging and rewarding industries. If you’re looking for a new career path or to set out on the career ladder in 2017 , we want to hear from you! We welcome applicants from all degree backgrounds and experiences.
To apply, submit your CV and covering letter to our recruitment team and we’ll get back to you if your application is successful.
And to learn more about all things UP including our Graduate Development Scheme, Staff Benefits, Brands, Product divisions and more... check out our website www.upgs.com
Follow us! To receive updates from our very own grads and to be in the know of all our current opportunities, follow our Twitter page @UPGS_Trainees
graduate, BA, development, training, progression, opportunities, promotion, Accounting, Business, Finance, Maths, Accounting, analysis, problem solving, supply chain, business
Apply for Graduate Trainee Accounts Clerk
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly