Graduate Buying Assistant
Due to continued business expansion into 2017, Ultimate Products Ltd are currently looking for a fresh team of graduates to fill a series of Buying roles within their Graduate Development Scheme.
Working within our dynamic UK Buying divisions, you will undergo a dedicated training programme whereby you will learn and observe first-hand the product sourcing and development process for major retailers. These fast-paced and challenging roles offer excellent learning potential and understanding of the Buying industry, allowing our graduates to develop a solid platform of knowledge and build strong careers.
Based in Greater Manchester, Ultimate Products has experienced huge growth on account of its branded strategy, adding brand names such as Beldray , Russell Hobbs , Progress and Salter to our extensive portfolio. With a focus on branded products including Housewares, Electrical and Audio items, we’re dedicated to providing high quality products at competitive prices. Our retail customers include Asda, Tesco, B&M, Matalan and TK Maxx.
As a graduate trainee within our Graduate Scheme, you are provided with a role-specific personal development plan, regular reviews and feedback plus one-to-one and group training sessions. If you’re a recent graduate or due to graduate in 2017, our trainee roles offer a unique opportunity for practical experience and career progression.
As Graduate Trainee Buying Assistant , you will provide support to the Buying Directors in all aspects of the buying process, starting with the production and development of a product through to completing a customer order.
- Complete full and accurate product set ups following the receipt of supplier quotes.
- Order and track new product samples with suppliers in the Far East to ensure they arrive within set time frames.
- Communicate with internal departments such as QA & Design to ensure all requirements for product developments and orders are met within set deadlines.
- Provide product specification and costings in coordination with the sourcing team for offer sheet creation.
Our graduates play a key part in today’s business and in the development of the Company for the future. With over 80 graduates now enrolled on the scheme, we have a proven track record of providing dedicated training, support and career guidance to our trainees. Our roles are ideal for recent grads aiming to utilise their skills within a professional and commercial environment.
Our ideal candidate
- Recent degree essential, preferably at classification 2:2 or above
- Minimum 6 months work experience, ideally within an office-based environment
- Excellent organisational and administrational skills
- Creative and possess a keen interest in product development
- Strong IT skills particularly in Microsoft Excel
- Assertive and confident with a passion to learn
- Adaptable with a "do what it takes" attitude to completing tasks within set deadlines
- Mature and able to work in a timely manner with minimal supervision
- Lives locally or willing to commute
Fit our criteria?
Our Graduate Development Scheme offers the opportunity for graduates to get their foot in the door in a variety of challenging and rewarding industries. If you’re looking for a new career path or to set out on the career ladder, we want to hear from you!
To apply, submit your CV and covering letter to our recruitment team and we’ll get back to you if your application is successful.
And to learn more about all things UP including our Graduate Development Scheme, Staff Benefits, Brands, Product divisions and more... check out our website www.upgs.com
Follow us! To receive updates from our very own grads and to be in the know of all our current opportunities, follow our Twitter page @UPGS_Trainees
Keywords: graduate, development, training, progression, opportunities, promotion, increase, buying, merchandising, supply chain, product sourcing, product development
Apply for Graduate Buying Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly