Purchase Ledger Clerk
Title: Purchase Ledger Clerk
Working hours: 8:15 – 17:00 (Monday – Friday)
Salary: Competitive and with opportunities to progress
Location: Chadderton, Greater Manchester
Due to continued business expansion into 2017, the team at Ultimate Products are looking for a suitably experienced Purchase Ledger Clerk to join our growing Accounts department at our UK HQ in Chadderton.
Ultimate Products Ltd has experienced huge growth on account of our branded strategy, adding top brands such as Progress to our already extensive brand portfolio which includes names such as Beldray , Russell Hobbs and Salter . With a focus on branded products including Housewares, Electrical and Audio items, we’re dedicated to providing high quality products at competitive prices.
Within this role, you will assist in the effective running of the Purchase Ledger within our Accounts department, working alongside our small team in order to ensure these processes are diligently completed and to a high standard.
- To accurately add all factory deposits onto the purchase ledger, ensuring that all deposits are still valid and escalating those orders requiring refunds to other departments within the Company.
- To raise and process all payments as required, ensuring they are accurate and within Company timescales. Any unusual payments are to be challenged and promptly escalated.
- To effectively liaise with the Imports department to ensure that all relevant documents have been received and full checks of invoice and PO numbers are carried out.
- To ensure that the ledger is accurate and up-to-date at all times through timely allocations and the consistent resolution of supplier queries.
- To monitor unmatched aged payments, particularly unusual or high risk items, and investigate these appropriately.
This is an ideal position for candidates aiming to utilise their industry-specific skills and understanding of Accounts within a dynamic and multi-national business. Within our Purchase Ledger team you will gain valuable experience in a variety of duties including purchase ledger management, data entry and administration.
The ideal candidate
- Prior experience in an Accounting/Financial/Data Entry position is desirable
- Strong academics, ideally with qualifications in accountancy or mathematics at A-Level or above
- At least 12 months work experience, within an office environment
- Excellent problem solving skills, numerical skills and attention to detail.
- Well organised with a strong work ethic
- Excellent IT skills particularly in Microsoft Excel
- Adaptable with a “do what it takes” mentally to completing job tasks to set deadlines.
- Mature and able to work in a timely manner with minimal supervision
- Lives locally to Oldham or Greater Manchester
Fit our criteria?
If you’re looking for a new career path or to set out on the career ladder in 2017 , we want to hear from you.
To apply for this position, submit your CV and covering letter to our recruitment team and we’ll get back to you if your application is successful.
And to learn more about all things UP including our Graduate Development Scheme, Staff Benefits, our Brands, Product divisions and more... check out our website www.upgs.com
Follow us! To receive updates from our recruitment team and to be in the know of all our current opportunities, follow our Twitter page @UPGS_Trainees
development, training, progression, opportunities, Accounting, Business, Finance, Maths, Accounts, analysis, problem solving, supply chain, business
Apply for Purchase Ledger Clerk
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly