LABORATORY ASSISTANT – Temporary - Maternity cover contract
£8.50 per hour
We are looking for suitably qualified people to work in a lab in Pocklington. Are you a graduate lab technician / chemical technician looking to gain experience in a laboratory / testing /analysis environment?
This is a fairly manual role and technicians are on their feet most of the day, predominantly dealing with soil samples there are some physical aspects to the job.
- Manning sample reception, opening post, sorting soil samples, numbering samples and preparing them for the drying process
- Milling samples – a manual job, potentially half a day's work 2x weekly (a noisy, dusty job)
- Weighing samples for analysis (this is a seated job)
- Working in the laboratory wash area (cleaning glasswear etc)
- Assisting technicians in other areas of the laboratory (e.g. collecting samples, simple sample preparation)
- Educated to ‘A' level or equivalent in a Science
- Experience of working in a laboratory preferred (even work experience)
- A clear desire to learn new skills
- Experience using various analytical methods
York, Hull, Driffield, Pocklington, South Cave, Goole
Apply for Laboratory Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly