Field Service JCB Engineer
Job Title: Field Service Engineer
Salary: £26,000 - £35,000 plus overtime
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The company is the JCB distributor throughout the South West and Wales. An opportunity has arisen for a Field Service Engineer at their Head Office in Bristol.
Reporting to the Depot Manager, the main purpose of the job is to be able to carry out Machine Plant Diagnostics, Servicing and Repairs to JCB Construction, Agricultural, Industrial, Heavy Line and Recycling Equipment to the highest standard within the Dealership territory to new and existing Customers.
This is a Customer facing role which requires you to build strong Customer relationships within the Service sector of the business. You will need to promote and present a professional image and offer service solutions to our customers and frequently liaise with JCB Manufacturer. The objective of this role is to provide the Customer with a World Class level of Customer Service.
- Service and maintain JCB and other plant equipment to the manufactures specifications.
- Undertake repair and service work on the machine to the agreed work plan, to bring the machine up to the required standards.
- Inspect and test completed machine to ensure it’s operating to expected performance levels, reporting any further defects or suspect conditions to the customer & service controller to support the ongoing operational effectiveness of the machine and report possible additional work back to Service Controller.
- Breakdowns - to diagnose faults and report progress to Service Controller within requested timescales to enable regular updates & communication with the customer.
- Operate laptop technical diagnostics (training will be given).
- Operate digital tablet system to accurately complete and sign off all job cards, giving full description of work carried out.
- Carry out all work practices in line with company health and safety policy.
- Undertake comprehensive risk assessments and ensure safe working practices are in place whilst undertaking work.
- Contact customer in order to register arrival and presence on site and ensure knowledge of customer procedures so as to comply with customer’s site requirements.
- Meet and exceed customer expectations whilst maintaining profitability.
- React to any customer needs quickly, effectively and efficiently.
- Where necessary discuss machine concerns direct with customer.
- Ensure all due care is given to customer and company property.
- Provide best possible levels of customer service at all times.
- Experience – knowledge and experience of a variety of machinery ideally, construction, agricultural, industrial or commercial vehicle based machines. Use of field based diagnostic tools and equipment essential.
- Relationship Builder – Ability to interact with customers and develop/build a relationship that ultimately delivers a positively satisfying experience.
- Communication – Ability to deliver appropriate communication both internally and externally. To build and document knowledge about the Customer company and its technical operations and feedback any important information.
- Time Management – Ability to set timescales to own tasks to enable completion of duties. Ensuring that all work is completed within specified time frames and report when completion times cannot be met.
- Promote Holt JCB and the JCB brand to new and existing customers, also promoting any aftermarket products and offers to the customer.
- Present a professional image at all times.
- Valid driving licence is required.
- 20 days paid holiday plus bank holidays.
- Full support and product training will be provided where necessary
- Pension scheme
- Company Van, lap-top, Tablet and Mobile Phone, PPE provided
- Overtime available subject to work load
- We also have engineering vacancies in our GL postcode
The company is an equal opportunities employer.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Field Service Engineer, Service Engineer, Field Service Technician, Service Technician, Engineering Technician, Field Maintenance Engineer, Field Maintenance Technician, JCB Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Mechanical Technician, Electrical Engineer, Electrical Technician, Repair Engineer, Repair Technician, Commercial Engineer, Plant Equipment Engineer, Plant Machinery Engineer, Commercial Plant Engineer, Fault Repair Engineer, Electrical Engineering, ACS Gas, Electro-Mechanical Engineer will also be considered for this role.
Apply for Field Service JCB Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly