Production Planner / Manufacturing Manager – Tooling
Job title: Production Planner/Manager
Location: Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
Salary: £30,000 – £40,000 Dependant on Experience
Benefits: Production Bonus, 33.5 Annual Holidays, Company Sick Pay Scheme, Generous Contributory Pension Scheme, Death in Service Scheme.
Hours: Permanent, Full time
This is an exciting and rare opportunity to join an internationally renowned manufacturer of bespoke, made to measure gear cutting tools. The company is a progressive family run firm based in Huddersfield, Yorkshire, is looking to recruit a Production Planner/Manager to assist the Production Director. Your work will involve the day to day management of production, including production scheduling and staff management.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- To be responsible for the day to day running of the production department.
- To assist in the initial development & continue to manage the new Javelin Manufacturing Resource Planning System.
- To provide management, leadership & support to production staff and undertake basic HR procedures.
- To understand the principles of 5S & conduct Kaizen events, control, monitor and enhance existing practices.
- To work proactively and liaise with the sales team in terms of providing general information regarding capacity, delivery times to ensure all customer demands are met.
- To introduce, set and manage KPI’s in production, delivery performance, waste, re-work etc.
- To manage and control inventory.
- To review current work practices, identify inefficiencies and provide solutions for continuous improvement with particular focus on the implementation of a Waste Reduction Programme.
- To assist in the quality management of systems required for ISO9000, including calibration, training etc.
- To gain an understanding and knowledge of machine up-time capabilities to aid the increase of productivity levels.
- To monitor, maintain and improve the current Health & Safety standards.
- To provide information and reports for the Board.
- A good knowledge of lean manufacturing with the ability to implement and drive new ideas.
- Understanding and knowledge of production planning, experience in using Javelin software or similar is desirable.
- Proven experience in a similar role within the industry.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Experience of 5S principles & Kaizen events.
- Health & Safety Knowledge.
- The company operate an equal opportunities policy.
- A can do attitude, with the ability to offer ideas and proposals from past experience, bring the skills to implement and deliver.
- Excellent organisation skills.
- An ability to manage individuals, motivate and lead.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly.
- A desire to ensure that individual, as well as departmental objectives are achieved, ideally exceeded.
To apply for this role please click APPLY to submit your CV and covering letter.
Candidates with experience of; Factory Coordinator, Production Planner, Material Scheduler, Factory Manager, Works Manager, Factory Supervisor, Production Manager, Manufacturing Manager, Production Controller, Production Manager, Production Engineering, Production coordinator, Engineering Manager, Manufacturing Manager, Production Supervisor, Manufacturing Engineer, QA Manager, Production Manufacturing, Production Manager, Engineering Planner will also be considered for this role.
Apply for Production Planner / Manufacturing Manager – Tooling
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly