Park Cameras is a leading retailer in the specialist photographic market, with an award-winning store / head office based in Burgess Hill, as well as a state-of-the art London store opened in 2013. We are a growing and exciting family-run business established for over 40 years, and we aspire to become the first-choice speciality photographic retailer across the UK.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to run the company’s Warehouse Team (6-8 additional FTE). Reporting to the Operations Director, you will be responsible for managing all aspects of warehousing – including goods in, stock transfers, stock returns, inventory management, stock-takes, internet order despatch (pick / pack / despatch) and customer repairs. You will ensure that inventory is accurate and organised, that orders are accurately picked and despatched on-time, and keep the warehouse clean and tidy. You will be able to self-motivate and inspire enthusiasm within your team, whilst holding team members accountable for their performance. You will drive the warehouse forwards to meet the company’s growth ambitions.
The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic and energetic with a positive outlook, with solid warehouse experience in a retail environment, as well as a strong customer service ethic. As well as being flexible and adaptable you will be highly organised, able to effectively manage your own time and prioritise tasks for your team, and have the ability to get the best from people.
You will be hands-on and not afraid to get stuck in on a daily basis. You will work closely with our contact centre, stores, buying and finance teams to meet the company’s objectives. A keen interest in photography would be beneficial but not a necessity.
The main duties of the role include (with equal importance):
- Leading, managing and motivating a small warehouse team (6-8 FTE)
- Recruitment and induction of new team members
- Training and development on a continuous basis, sharing best-practice in warehousing and customer service
- Goods-in – ensuring goods in are accurately recorded and stored in the correct location
- Stock transfers – ensuring inter-site stock transfers are actioned accurately and promptly
- Store support – supporting store colleagues with stock requests and transfers, including management of ‘Click & Collect’ orders online
- Stock returns – ensuring the return of unwanted stock, faulty stock, or other returns is promptly and accurately managed
- Inventory accuracy – maintaining barcoded stock locations, correcting stock errors, maintaining SKU / bar-coding integrity, and ensuring all stock is put away
- Stock-takes – overseeing ad-hoc and scheduled stock-takes and ensuring accurate counts
Internet Order Dispatch
- Picking – ensuring stock for each customer order is accurately and promptly picked
- Packing – overseeing secure and appropriate packaging of customer deliveries with appropriate marketing materials
- Dispatch – ensuring daily collections are met per agreed courier SLAs
- Mispicks – ensuring that mispicks / picking discrepancies are rectified immediately
- Repairs handling – ensuring all customer repairs are professionally and proactively managed
- Complaints handling – dealing with any resulting repairs complaints
- Warehouse – ensuring the warehouse is clean and tidy at all times
- Facilities – overseeing smooth-running of the Burgess Hill site and dealing with planned and unplanned maintenance
- Health & Safety – overseeing safe working practices
Your working hours will be Full-Time, 42.5 hours per week with some flexibility.
In return for this you will receive a salary of £24,000 - £28,000 per Annum.
- 33 days annual holiday
- Staff discount scheme
- Pension scheme
- Profit-share scheme
For an opportunity to join this expanding company please submit your CV online.
recruitx ref: 961301351 / INDHP
Apply for Warehouse Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly