Data Protection Officer
At CDL we are currently looking for a Data Protection Officer to come and join our team based in Stockport. You will receive a salary of up to £60,000 per annum depending on experience.
CDL is one of the UK’s leading insurance software houses, employing over 600 people at its campus in Stockport. It has a strong track record in the high volume retail insurance sector, with clients including Ageas Retail, Swinton Insurance, Tesco Bank, iGO4 and John Lewis, to name a few. CDL has spearheaded developments in the aggregator, web and telematics space, including connected home, enrichment and self-service solutions. As a result, the company’s robust and innovative technologies have enabled its customers to thrive in the highly competitive UK insurance marketplace.
There is also a subsidised restaurant and a games room. We have built a collaborative and creative culture where we employ agile techniques to deliver our pace-setting applications. We like to work in small, focused groups so you are always learning from people around you and you feel a part of the success of each project you are involved with.
About the Data Protection Officer role
As a Data driven organisation, we process masses amount of public and private data, from aggregators, DVLA, and through our Software platforms, Strata & Hummingbird. Due to the sensitivity and volume of the data we process, we have decided to seek a Data Protection Officer. Reporting into the Managing Director, you will ensure CDL’s compliance with data protection legislation, overseeing policies and processes governing data processing to ensure all privacy obligations align with data protection legislations, and senior management are kept informed of the status of data protection across CDL group companies. You will coordinate with senior managers across all business units ensuring effective implementation and audit of all aspects of data protection policies and processes.
Acting as our nominated officer on the data protection register, this role will keep you on your toes and continuously challenged. You will be tasked with the challenge of developing CDL’s Data Protection Policy, developing staff training program, as well as carrying assessments, audits, risks, and breaches. Using your expertise, you will maintain knowledge of development and changes in data protection, managing any notifications with the UK Data Protection Authority (ICO). This is a hands role, ideal for an experienced data protection officer, who is looking for a new challenge of joining a fast-paced data driven software house. An autonomous and independent role, which will give you the opportunity to apply your passion for data protection, guide CDL’s senior management team, and employees towards a more efficient, robust compliance ensuring our obligation to comply with GDPR and other data protection laws.
What we’re looking for in our Data Protection Officer
- Significant experience in a Data Protection role
- Experience of ensuring compliance with relevant regulations and standards, i.e. ISO 27001, Data Protection Act
- Demonstrable experience of implementing or working under recognised business management standards i.e. ISO, ITIL
- Member of relevant professional body desirable
- Insurance/Financial Services data sector experience would be a distinct advantage
- Involvement in design, implementation and monitoring of policy and procedures
- Extensive experience of working with internal, and external stakeholders, including professional bodies
- Demonstrable ability to communicate across disciples at all levels and with senior management.
- Degree educated
What we will offer you as our Data Protection Officer
- Work with the best in the business
- Flexible hours
- Shuttle bus to and from the station
- Subsidised restaurant
- 25 days’ holiday to start
- Social activities
- Dress down policy
- Tax free child care vouchers
- Life and health assurance
- Award nominated learning programmes
- Community projects
- Opportunities for career progression
If you would like to join the team as our new Data Protection Officer click ‘apply’ today – don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you.
Apply for Data Protection Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly