IT Support Analyst / Desktop Engineer / 2nd Line IT Technician
Job Title: IT Support Analyst
Salary: £25,000 - £27,000 subject to experience
Position: Permanent, Full Time
Based in Sheffield, the company is a leading provider of quality insurance products. They operate under several quality brands, one of which is the well-known and highly respected AA Warranty. They are currently recruiting for a permanent, full-time post within their IT Department.
They require an individual with a strong background in IT Support and Analysis. The applicant must have the highest professional standards and excellent customer communications skills in order to fill this challenging and rewarding role.
- Recent technical working knowledge of most or all of the following: understanding of TCP/IP and popular networking topology, Windows 7/8/10, Windows Server, Microsoft Office 365, Sophos or similar, Active Directory User and Computer administration, VMWare, Security, Apple/Android Mobile.
- Strong ''can do'' approach, patient to understand customer needs and willing to work with them in the most effective way to resolve queries, multitasking as necessary.
- Well organised, uses initiative, prioritises appropriately, applies self, shows attention to detail, manages own workload and meets deadlines.
- Excellent / proven administrative skills.
- Experience working within a professional IT Department.
- Demonstrates excellent communication and interpersonal skills (respectful, positive, articulate, professional and sympathetic) at all levels.
- To provide ICT technical support to all staff internal and external, assisting with hardware, software and communications problems via phone, e-mail or 'hands on'.
- Responsible for the support and administration of the company's internal networks, servers, email and network security systems.
- To provide routine technical support; responding to Helpdesk issues in a timely and professional manner and supporting staff in their use of ICT resources.
- To install and maintain software; includes off-the-shelf and bespoke packages, patch management, user access, troubleshooting. Escalate to 3rd party support if necessary.
- Ensure that security patches and updates are installed and applied in a timely manner.
- To install, test and maintain hardware; includes configuration & troubleshooting of PC's, laptops, printers, scanners, and mobile email devices.
- Take responsibility for telephone systems, ACD, voice recorder, wallboards and cabling/connection issues. Escalate any issues to 3rd party support as necessary and ensure they resolve in timely manner.
- Maintain IT supplies and resources as needed, maintain a log of all software and hardware in the Helpdesk system. Ensure prices of new hardware/software is competitive.
- Manage and maintain software licensing to ensure legal compliance.
- Ensuring the anti-virus software is installed, properly configured, regularly updated and working properly on all PC and server stations.
- Check daily backups. Troubleshoot any problems or failures.
- Out of Hours support if required.
- Firewall administration and support for company IT security.
- To arrange external technical support where problems cannot be resolved in house.
- To log all support calls on the company's IT Helpdesk.
- Administration of email service for company-wide email.
- To ensure the company IT policies, procedures and documentation are upheld.
To apply for this role please select the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter.
Candidates with experience of; IT Support Analyst, Data Support , IT Support, 2nd Line Support, 2nd Line Support, IT Helpdesk, IT Helpdesk Support, Helpdesk Support Technician, Helpdesk Analyst, IT Technician, IT Service Desk Technician will also be considered for this role.