A bit about us
We may have started small, but we’ve always had very big ideas. We launched in 2001 and we just haven’t stopped; a years’ worth of achievements always seems more like three at AO.
Our customers and now our biggest advocates, and we’ve made millions of them happy. We’ve even launched in new territories throughout Europe. Sometimes we have to pinch ourselves.
But, we’re determined to be the best electrical retailer in Europe, and for that, you need to be driven. We need to be bold enough to try new things, and smart enough to see them through. We need to care about people, and we always like to have a little fun as we do it.
More about the role
The Manchester Operations team at AO has a varied remit, from dialler and analytics to finance and operations. Our team is a diverse team focused on improving reporting, implementing operational change/ projects and managing our in-house finance department, all whilst making sure that customers get the best Aftercare experience.
Operations is a constantly changing environment, that is why the team put testing and learning at the heart of everything they do. We give our employees the autonomy to try new things, if they don’t work, at least we can say we tried.
- The basic salary for the role is £20,000 - £25,000 dependant on experience
- Defined career path as 50% of our operation analysts have been promoted internally
- CIMA qualification funding
- Understanding and interpreting the commercial performance of the business
- Review and improve operational performance
- Cost benefit analysis and preparing business cases for projects
- Production of business KPI’S and reports
Here's what you can expect to be doing
- Creating and updating KPI packs on a daily and weekly basis in order to monitor performance
- Using Excel to build complex models, as well as maintaining models previously created
- Working closely with Sales Managers across the Contact Centre
- Preparing cost benefit analysis for potential projects and opportunities
- Assisting with the month end payroll process in regards to departmental bonus
- Involvement in ensuring that all sales are set up and revenue is recognised
A few things about you
- Highly numerate and logical
- Educated to Graduate level
- GCSE English & Maths A-C
- 1 years’ experience within an analytical role
- CIMA Part Qualified (Preferred)
- Attention to detail
- Results driven and ambitious
- Excellent IT skills including advanced use of Excel
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
Why choose AO?
It’s not about the job you need now, it’s about who you want to be and where you want go. The thing about AO is that you don’t have to leave to move on. We have the kind of environment where people learn and thrive and be the best they can be.
We empower each and every person to push the boundaries of what’s possible. Our environment and our culture are vibrant and engaging, you almost have to feel it to believe it. It’s really no wonder we were named Retail Week Employer of the Year 2015.
“Our people are our biggest asset, they’re our culture: that unique, indescribable thing that makes us really different.”
Great people deserve great things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as fundamental benefits, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our “AO Perks” to help you out financially, make your work life a little easier or make your home life a lot more fun.
- 33 days holiday pro rata : For a well-deserved rest (Including Bank Holidays)
- Attendance bonus*
- Company Sick Pay*
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Share Save Scheme: Something for a rainy day
- Discounts on AO products
- An enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Adoption package*
- Childcare Vouchers
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Length of Service Holiday Bonus: More time to play*
- Eye Care Vouchers
- Death in Service: Knowing they’ll be taken care of
- 2 Make A Difference (MAD) Days: Give something back, do something amazing
- Gifts for New Arrivals: Something for the mini AO’ers
- Gifts for Newlyweds: Something for the happy couple
- Long Service Rewards: Our commitment to you, for your commitment to us*
(*Subject to start date or length of service)
Apply for Commercial Analyst
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly