Support Analyst / Software Analyst / Consultant
Job Title: Software Analyst
Location: Bristol or Corsham
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
This is a delivery and support oriented customer facing role, and the candidate will be expected to spend most their working time in Bristol or Corsham with occasional travel to other offices and client sites throughout England.
Are you looking to secure your first or next step on a career path within a market leading software and business solution delivery environment?
Are you currently using software daily, e.g. on a frontline software support helpdesk with an exposure to or willingness to learn about cloud deployment?
Are you looking to advance into a solution delivery role that uses a bespoke product, in an innovative solution environment?
The Company is looking for technically minded people to work in their solution and support teams, with demonstrable enthusiasm and commitment to their goals.
They will provide you with structured learning and development opportunities in your role, and you will have a mentor assigned to support your development from the start of your employment.
About the Company:
This is a unique opportunity to join a boutique consultancy and software solution delivery organisation. The Company develops enterprise governance and performance solutions based on their own Queen's Award winning software platform.
The roles have been established within the Company at an exciting point within the Company's development and expansion. They need technically minded individuals who can become experts in configuring their software platform, and who enjoy working as part of a close knit and customer focussed team.
Software Analysts will make a valuable contribution to delivering their customer projects, supporting market leading customer outcomes. The Company works with FTSE 250 companies and extensively with the MOD and other Government Departments. Their approach uses the software platform to tailor outcome driven customer solutions, which enable customers in turn to achieve their business objectives and ambitions.
Software Analysts will focus on configuring the software platform, demonstrating to clients how they, among other things, can help satisfy their own customers, increase revenue and be innovative, really making them stand out from the crowd.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a tenacious and focused problem solver with a solid understanding of the project delivery lifecycle; have a commitment to exploiting and configuring bespoke software, to deliver innovative software solutions to end customers
- Have a strong interest in business and technology, gained through undergraduate study or relevant commercial experience, a passion for experimenting with evolving IT applications, and a curiosity for getting under the hood and finding out how things work
- Be a strong relationship builder, able to establish credibility rapidly; have customer facing experience and enjoy working with customers to resolve challenging technical queries
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills; able to articulate the connection between business outcomes and IT enabled solutions, explain technical problems to a non-technical audience, articulate complex concepts and problems in a simple language
- Be familiar with the fundamentals of database design, and have an aptitude for applying that theory and understanding to project situations
- Have a good understanding of IT Service Management/ITIL
- Be willing to work flexibly around the demands of client engagements and to work away from home on client site occasionally
- Be willing and suitable to be security cleared for working on Government contracts
- Have current or previous experience working in an evolving IT support environment, be proficient in using the Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel & PowerPoint and experience of dealing with software packages in a Windows Server environment
- Have experience of using or configuring software products in a work or study capacity
- Educated to degree level, with a strong interest in business and technology (must be a graduate from a technology discipline) OR Educated to minimum A level or Level 5 equivalent in technology discipline(s) combined with relevant commercial experience e.g. in a front-line software helpdesk/support or a project delivery capacity
- Evidence of personal development and responsibility outside the learning environment
- Competitive starting salary
- Comprehensive benefits package (after initial 3 months' review and confirmation in post) which includes PMI, Critical Illness, Death in Service, Contributory Pension and 25 days holiday
- Structured development opportunities (work-based learning, external courses, industry courses, professional accreditation etc.), incorporating regular performance review and salary progression
- Opportunity to progress your career within an innovative solutions delivery environment
If you are interested in this role please click the APPLY button and further information will be sent to your email.
Apply for Support Analyst / Software Analyst / Consultant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly