Plant Manager / Site Production Manager
Job Title: Plant Manager
Location: Ellesmere Port, Cheshire
Salary: Competitive Salary + benefits, including pension and healthcare
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Closing Date: Friday 25th August 2017
Assessment Date: Thursday 7th September 2017
Our Client is the UK's leading waste-to-energy biodiesel producer with operations in Scotland and North West England. Established in 2001 and acquired by John Swire & Sons in 2013 the Company specialises in the production and supply of high grade, sustainable diesel made from waste fats and oils.
Following significant investment to facilitate growth and development, they now have a blending operation in Ellesmere Port and a number of facilities that have been built in the Stanlow area increasing production capacity to 145 million litres per year.
As a Plant Manager for the Stanlow Manufacturing Complex, reporting into the Site Director, you will have full accountability for managing all aspects of the Plant, delivering and ensuring maximum Plant and SHE performance against agreed KPI's. Through successful leadership of your Production team you will drive ownership of the process to ensure the Plant efficiently delivers against budgeted targets and plans, and ensure maximum Plant utilisation through effective prioritisation and allocation of tasks.
They are looking for candidates with the drive and determination to contribute to the future success of the Company, and hungry for a new challenge. Consideration will be given to experienced Production Managers with previous team management and process experience looking for their next career move, as well as experienced Plant Managers looking for a new challenge - salary will be suited accordingly.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Member of the Site Leadership Team, engaged in developing overall site strategy and resource management plans.
- Lead the production organisation ensuring full regulatory compliance in all aspects of Plant operation.
- Manage the short interval control process for the Plant and lead daily production meetings.
- Deliver against business production plans ensuring volume and quality requirements are achieved.
- Develop operational excellence ensuring required training, operating instructions and control procedures are in place and ensure that Operators are competent and have ownership for the process.
- Identify training and development requirements for production team and assist the HR Team in planning training for individuals and teams
- Deliver Safety Health and Environmental excellence. Ensure Plant appearance and housekeeping standards are maintained and company policy and regulatory requirements are met.
- Ensure maximum plant utilisation by appropriate prioritising and allocation of tasks, maintaining plant OEE data and loss reporting system, identifying repetitive failures / trends and developing an improvement / optimisation program in conjunction with the site engineering teams.
- Develop and deliver improvement plans incorporating engineering modification and improved Plant operation
- Developing 5 year capex program in conjunction with Engineering to ensure unit operations are optimised and appropriate controls and monitoring and reporting processes are in place.
- Management of the production teams including performance appraisals and holidays, attendance, sickness and absence overtime and individual and team performance are proactively managed.
- Take responsibility for the Health and Safety of yourself and others whilst at work and to comply with the Company's policies and legislation
- Support Company Initiatives and demonstrate Company Values.
- To comply with all legal, regulatory and statutory obligations applicable to the role.
- Participate in training and personal development activities as required
- Be flexible in undertaking the duties and responsibilities attached to your role; Carry out any other reasonable tasks as required by the Company.
Qualifications, Knowledge & Experience
- Degree in Process or Chemical engineering
Specific Knowledge, Experience & Skills
- Previous experience working in a process plant is essential; with a FMCG, Process, Chemical background
- A strong people manager with front line leadership skills
- Previous people management experience (particularly in leading a team of up to 50) is required; knowledge of shift working/operation would be desirable
- Knowledge and understanding of current legislation and compliance, i.e. IPCC, EA, HSE
- Driven individual with ambition to step up in an operational organisation
- Candidate must be able to work under pressure, be self-motivated, credible, with the ability to lead and motivate a team to maximise the performance of the plant
This job description is a summary of the main duties of the role but is not exhaustive. It may be reviewed and updated regularly in discussion with the post holder.
Please click the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the link to the careers page.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Plant Manager, Manufacturing Manager, Site Production Manager, Production Manager, Site Manager, Production Plant Manager, Process Engineering, Chemical Engineering may also be considered for this role
Apply for Plant Manager / Site Production Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly