Salary: Up to £20,000 per annum depending on experience + Excellent benefits
Permanent – Full-time
Housingrecruit.com is advertising for an Income Assistant on behalf of our client, a leading social housing provider based in Walton-on-Thames.
They are transforming their customer experience and have just reshaped their Income Team. This role is an exciting opportunity to make a difference and to champion and help support the delivery of rent arrears intervention and prevention work. If you are looking for a rewarding new challenge, take satisfaction in helping people, want to work with a committed, passionate and supportive team who are determined to be the best they can – read on!
About the role
As an Income Assistant you will be responsible for:
- Resolving straightforward day to day Income related customer enquiries including rent, service charge & income recovery issues, whether this is by giving advice directly or signposting to other agencies and statutory bodies.
- Providing effective administrative support to the Income team by using your excellent administration skills.
- Supporting Income Officers by dealing with low-level arrears cases, former tenant arrears and managing department correspondence.
- Taking rent payments and administering direct debits.
- Managing and allocating incoming electronic and voice mail communications.
- Supporting the provision of key performance information electronically and manually in a timely manner, including financial and numeric tasks.
- Providing cover for the customer advice team, including taking telephone calls and reception duties.
They are looking for someone who shares their passion and values - someone who is as committed to helping and supporting customers as they are. You will
- Have first-rate customer-service skills, a positive outlook and the knack of engaging with people, possibly during difficult times.
- Enjoy meeting new people every day and working as part of a team
- Be self-motivated and able to work on your own initiative
- Be personable and able to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrate competent IT and administration skills
- Be able to work flexibly when needed
The organisation offers successful candidates a range of benefits including generous paid annual leave allowance, opportunities for future learning and development and membership of the Social Housing Pension Scheme.
This role is subject to a disclosure with the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Closing Date: 20th August 2017
How to apply:
Please click the apply button to go to the recruiter’s website where you will be required to complete the application process.