Gas Operative - North Tyne
We are pleased to announce a number of career opportunities around our geographical area for Gas Operatives.
The role will involve working alongside a team leader carrying out repairs to public reported gas escapes and replacement work on gas mains and services.
This is a physically demanding role and requires a certain level of fitness. You will be required to excavate in the highway and footpath, lay PE pipe and undertake gas connection work.
There is also a requirement for H&S purposes for our operational colleagues to be clean shaven to ensure the Respiratory Protective Equipment can be worn - this will be discussed at interview.
The role will involve you working 41.25 hours a week on a variable shift pattern between the hours of 7am until 10pm and will include weekend working.
In return we offer you a long term career with a good basic salary plus the chance to earn extra money via our incentive scheme. In addition there is also a competitive benefits package (listed below).
You will be fully trained to operate tools and equipment appropriate to this role however we ask that:-
- You can start with us Mid-October 2017 for your induction and commencement of your training
- You can ensure you are available for the 3 week period after your start date so that you are able to complete your training with 100% attendance
- Have eligibility to work in the UK
- Hold a full valid driving licence
- You are willing to work the variable shift patterns and participate in an out of hours' standby rota.
- That you can adhere to our H&S requirements in relation to the respiratory protective equipment.
If this sounds like the job for you then we want to hear from you!
What we offer:
- £22,521 per annum basic
- Incentive scheme (additional earnings of up to £3K per annum)
- 41.25 hours per week on a variable work pattern including standby
- 25 days holiday per year, plus 8 days bank holiday, plus 2 half days (Christmas Eve and New Years Eve)
- SSP for first 5 working days then Occupational sick pay
- Stakeholder 5/10 pension scheme
- Flexible benefits including salary sacrifice options such as cycle to work, childcare vouchers, gym membership and many more
- Plus other family friendly policies, maternity/paternity pay, volunteering etc..
Click apply to view the full job description and to apply for these amazing opportunities.