- Full Time
Full time – Permanent
We are Chester Zoo, and for over 80 years we’ve been a leading conservation and education charity, and an amazing, award-winning visitor attraction.
We’re also a team of passionate, talented, enthusiastic and expert people, doing everything we can to keep the zoo going, from feeding the animals to discovering new conservation ideas, and giving our 1.9 million visitors an inspirational day out.
We work hard because we love animals, we care about nature, we love Chester Zoo and we want to be the best zoo in the world!
If you think you can help us to achieve that, then we’d love to hear from you.
We currently have a vacancy for a Chef to join our busy Catering team, to lead a team in one of our main café restaurants. As part of our Chef team, you’ll be producing top quality food for a high volume of internal and external customers, maximising profit, monitoring wastage and portion control. You’ll also ensure that food safety procedures and SOP’s are in place and up to date.
The successful candidate will have:
- NVQ Level 2 qualifications in Professional Cookery and Food Safety
- A minimum of 2 years’ cooking experience
- An up to date knowledge and understanding of Food Safety laws, procedures and COSHH regulations
- The ability to train, coach and mentor staff to ensure effective food preparation and efficient working practices
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience of menu planning and costing
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written, as you will be working with people all day every day, liaising with the public, suppliers and colleagues at all levels.
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
Experience of supervising and motivating a team would also be desirable.
Hours of work are 40 per week, 5 days out of 7, including weekends and Bank Holidays. The rate of pay is £21,866.96 per annum.
In addition we offer a range of amazing benefits which can be found on the Chester Zoo careers page.
To apply for this position, please click the ‘apply’ button on this page where you’ll be redirected to the vacancy on the Chester Zoo website. You will then be required to provide your current CV and complete the application form highlighting your skills and experience including why you believe you should be considered for this Chef role.
Closing date for applications is Sunday 20th August 2017.
This Chef vacancy is advertised by JVP Jobs on behalf of the employer Chester Zoo. Please note that JVP is an advertising company NOT a recruitment agency, therefore all applications will be reviewed directly by the employer Chester Zoo, and should they wish to progress your application further, they will be in contact with you.