- Full Time
Permanent – Full-time – 42 hours per week
We are Chester Zoo, and for over 80 years we’ve been a leading conservation and education charity, and an amazing, award-winning visitor attraction.
We’re also a team of passionate, talented, enthusiastic and expert people, doing everything we can to keep the zoo going, from feeding the animals to discovering new conservation ideas, and giving our 1.9 million visitors an inspirational day out.
We work hard because we love animals, we care about nature, we love Chester Zoo and we want to be the best zoo in the world!
If you think you can help us to achieve that, then we’d love to hear from you.
We currently have an exciting vacancy for a Security Officer to join our Security team.
As a Security Officer you will ensure we provide a safe and secure environment for our staff and visitors. Day to day duties may include conducting site patrols, CCTV operations, access control, control room operation, guest management, dealing with lost children and key management, as well as some project work.
The successful candidate will:
- Hold an SIA door supervisor & CCTV public surveillance licence
- Have previous experience working as a Security Officer or Security Supervisor
- Have previously worked in a high volume visitor environment
- Be comfortable implementing operational related policies and procedures
- Be computer literate with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Be comfortable engaging with visitors and deliver excellent customer service
- Have the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Hold a full driving licence valid in the UK
- Hold a valid First Aid at Work Certificate
The salary for this role is £22,960.31 per annum, working 42 hours per week, on a 4 on / 4 off rota basis which will include weekends and Bank Holidays. Candidates are expected to have a flexible attitude to enable to cover within the department. In addition we offer a range of amazing benefits which can be found on the Chester Zoo careers page.
To apply for this position, please click the ‘apply’ button on this page where you’ll be redirected to the vacancy on the Chester Zoo website. You will then be required to provide your current CV and complete the application form highlighting your skills and experience including why you believe you should be considered for this Security Officer role.
Closing date for applications is Sunday 20th August 2017.
This Security Officer vacancy is advertised by JVP Jobs on behalf of the employer Chester Zoo. Please note that JVP is an advertising company NOT a recruitment agency, therefore all applications will be reviewed directly by the employer Chester Zoo, and should they wish to progress your application further, they will be in contact with you.