Are you an experienced Multi-Skilled Machinist who would thrive working in a busy team of a prestigious manufacturing business? Then don’t miss this superb opportunity to join the team at Calder Industrial Materials.
Who will I be working with?
Calder Industrial Materials is a highly reputable manufacturing company with headquarters based in Chester, with significant experience delivering high quality, tailored solutions for a wide range of customers worldwide. Calder is one of the UK’s leading building materials suppliers, delivering lead sheet and a wide range of ancillary products to builders’ merchants nationwide. In addition, Calder are also the UK’s leading specialist in lead engineering. The company designs, manufactures and installs radiation shielding and other products in the nuclear, medical and other markets.
So, what will the role of Multi-Skilled Machinist entail?
Reporting to the Machine Shop Cell Leader, as a Multi-Skilled Machinist you’ll be responsible for the operation of various conventional and CNC Machine tools. Your responsibilities and duties will include, although not be limited to:
- Setting and operating various machine tools, including, CNC lathes, CNC milling machines, pedestal drills, radial arm drill, bench & surface grinders
- Setting up machines for production operatives in a safe and efficient manner
- Reading and interpreting engineering drawings
- Highlighting and communicating issues that may arise and implementing corrective actions that have been issued
- Ensuring job clocking / worksheets are completed as required
- Ensuring that health, safety and quality standards are complied with
What will I need to be considered for this Multi-Skilled Machinist vacancy?
- Proven experience as a Multi-Skilled Machinist within an engineering company
- Time served recognised apprenticeship
- Good knowledge of machine tools, including lathes, milling machines, pedestal drills, radial arm drill, bench & surface grinders
- Experienced CNC programmer setter / operator, with a recognised qualification in CNC programming
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Ability to measure accurately and work to within +/- 0.025mm
- Fully conversant in the use of inspection equipment
- Ability to plan method of work including tooling, jigs and fixtures etc.
- Flexible attitude and willingness to learn
- Excellent time management skills
The following experience and qualifications would be advantageous, but not essential;
- Experience with 3 axis milling machine programming and setting
- Ability to competently use motorised workplace transport and overhead gantry cranes
- Knowledge of Heidenhain and ONECNC programming software
- Experience of CNC milling machines, Fanuc 18-t series, and HAAS machinery
What will I receive in return?
Salary: £29,812 per annum, including shift premium allowance
Additional Benefits: 4 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays, contributory pension scheme following successful probation period, cycle to work and childcare voucher schemes, and free car parking.
Hours of Work: Monday to Thursday on a rotational shift pattern, covering 5am to 2pm and 2pm to 11pm
Contracted Hours: 36 hours per week
Location: Chester (Cheshire)
Contract Type: Permanent
Calder Industrial Materials requests for no recruitment agency contact please.
This Multi-Skilled Machinist vacancy is advertised by JVP Jobs on behalf of the employer Calder Industrial Materials. At JVP Jobs we believe in providing complete transparency for you the job seeker to help you make informed decisions. By applying for this role you are submitting your CV directly to our above named client. Please note that we DO NOT operate as a recruitment agency, all applications will be reviewed directly by the employer Calder Industrial Materials, and should they wish to progress your application further they will be in contact with you.
Feel free to visit www.JVPJobs.co.uk to access CV and Interview tips, apply for advertised vacancies, and set up email job alerts.
Apply for Multi-Skilled Machinist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly