Operations Supervisor / Nightshift Assembly Manager
Job Title: Production Supervisor (Nights)
Location: Wellington, Somerset
Hours: Monday - Wednesday 20.00 - 06.00
Thursday 20.00 -05.00
The company is a manufacturer of acoustic and thermo-acoustic insulation products for the diverse range of automotive and industrial markets.
You will responsible for the 'day-to-day' supervision of all Production units on the nightshift ensuring that productivity and quality targets are consistently met. You will be required to carry out Audits of product, process, quality and Health and safety and react appropriately to ensure out of hours compliance.
Skills, abilities & personal qualities:
- You will be responsible for nightly supervision of all working production departments ensuring that productivity and quality targets are consistently met. You will also be required to conduct regular product, process, quality and SHE audits
- You will need to be IT literate (word, excel, e-mail and SYSPRO), have a high degree of self-motivation, good interpersonal skills and the ability to plan and priorities your own and others workload.
- You will also need a working knowledge of health and safety, quality and people management as well as the ability to work on your own initiative.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Responsible for the effective utilisation of labour to maximise production output and minimise downtime.
- Liaise with each area Co-ordinator with regard to the sequencing and planning of orders to ensure their priorities are maintained during the nightshift hours.
- Ensures all required documentation is current and accurate.
- Carry's out product and process audits to TS / IAFT standards and reports on findings.
- Provides feedback weekly on issues relating to capacity issues / quality issues / HR issues
- Responsible for ensuring all tasks are undertaken with regard to an employee's own and other's health & safety and issues are clearly reported.
- Communicates effectively with all team members
- Assesses machinery/plant breakdowns, transfer product/employees to alternative machinery where possible and ensure breakdown is clearly reported on the machine breakdown sheet.
- Communicates effectively all Maintenance related issues via Holistec
- Ensure all employee training is still current (training matrices) and highlights weaknesses as appropriate.
- Oversees the training of new starters or employees new to the process to ensure they reach an acceptable standard.
- Ensure that general housekeeping standards are consistently met.
- Is able to respond to 'out of hours' customer concerns and can make appropriate decisions with regard to labour and transport.
- Responsible for ensuring the promotion and implementation of fair and consistent people management in line with the company's policies and procedures..
- Responsible for ensuring clear communication between the management team and the Production Operatives.
- Ensures a pro-active approach to problem solving and continuous improvement.
- Enjoy your work and be successful
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant job titles and experience of; Nightshift Production Supervisor, Production Team Leader, Manager, Manufacturing Supervisor, Production Scheduler, Production Executive, Production Manager, Fabrication Supervisor, Night shift, Lates, Assembly Supervisor, Manufacturing Management, Production Management, Operations Supervisor, Operations Manager, Assembly Manager may also be considered for this role.
Apply for Operations Supervisor / Nightshift Assembly Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly