The Company is a leading specialist architectural metalwork company working on large commercial and residential developments in London and the South East.
We are currently seeking to recruit an experienced Document Controller to be based in our new modern central London office at the Barbican. You should have an excellent knowledge of working on contracts and managing a variety of documents and ideally be familiar with using online systems such as BIW, 4Projects -Viewpoint, Aconex and Asite.
Reporting to the Design Director, this is a key role within our busy Design department.
Document Controller - Key responsibilities
- Maintain accurate records of all drawings and other documents issued by design teams at each stage of a project
- Process large numbers of documents daily, reviewing, updating, printing and distributing electronically to create an accurate and comprehensive audit trail
- Upload drawings and other documents to our on-line systems in line with job protocols covering document type, manner of uploading, document numbering etc.
- Liaise with design staff, contracts managers, contractors and clients as appropriate to ensure that all relevant project data and changes are set up and recorded correctly within the system
- Ensure that protocols are set up accurately and strictly adhered to by design teams
- Search for drawings and specifications for draughtspersons as required
- Provide the teams with timely and accurate answers to all document control related queries
- Ensure that any problems are resolved in a timely manner and documentation discrepancies are escalated appropriately
- At the end of each project ensure that all files are collated and uploaded correctly for easy and accurate retrieval
- Carry out general administration duties including copying documents and arranging key project events such as client meetings etc
Essential skills and knowledge
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the document control process
- Advanced proficiency in Word and Excel, with experience of using online software programmes, ideally BIW and 4Projects-Viewpoint
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Able to work under pressure to meet project deadlines
- Ability to prioritise workload when managing multiple projects / tasks/ jobs
- Excellent communications skills
- Good standard of literacy and numeracy
- Team player with an enthusiastic approach and willingness to learn
The job provides an opportunity to develop your experience working on a broad range of projects in a friendly, well established, successful and growing business within the construction sector.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.
Closing date for applications: Friday 25 August 2017