Paid Volunteer, Befriender & Companion
Would you like to make a difference to an older adult in your local area by becoming a Paid Volunteer, Befriender or Companion? Are you interested in part-time hours in the York area of North Yorkshire, and are you a car driver?
This is an excellent opportunity to join an award-winning care provider, specialising in companionship and personal care to private clients within their own homes. You will be supporting older people to help them remain independent. The most important role you have is to be a friend.
Every client is different but you could do a range of things including:
- Taking them out shopping or attending local groups.
- Attending doctors or hospital appointments.
- Preparing meals and being a friend and someone for company.
- Assisting them with their morning or bedtime routines.
- Prompting to take medication.
- Assisting with washing and dressing.
What are the potential hours?
Part-time hours are available, approximately 10-30 hours per week. Unfortunately, full-time or school hours are not offered due to the nature of the work. If you are available some early mornings, lunchtimes, afternoons, evenings or a couple of hours on a weekend, then this position is ideal for you.
What are the benefits?
- Making a difference to someone’s everyday life is the biggest benefit and motivator for doing this job.
- Excellent hourly rate of £8.70 - £17.40 + mileage allowance
- Continuous training and support, with ongoing progression.
What skills do you need to be a Paid Volunteer Befriender & Companion?
- Firstly, you will want to make a difference to someone’s life and have a big heart!
- You can be any age group and from any background, there is no upper limit.
- You will be able to strike a relationship and rapport with the person you are paired with.
- You will also be happy to provide personal care, which could be helping someone brush their teeth, assisting with washing, dressing and feeding, or brushing their hair.
- You will also have a UK driving licence and have access to your own vehicle.
You probably have lots of questions, that is fine once you apply we will give you a call and answer any questions you may have and tell you a lot more.
Please note: This is not a Volunteer job; however, we are trying to attract individuals who are looking to make a difference in a part time role.
Apply for Paid Volunteer, Befriender & Companion
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly