Mechanical Project Manager
Mechanical Project Manager
Department: Building Services
Reports to: Building Services Manager
Hours of work: 37.5 per week
Salary Range: £35,000 - £45,000 (dependant on experience)
We are one of the most dynamic refrigeration, heating, ventilation and air conditioning service providers in Europe. We are proud to offer innovative products and services, and market-leading refrigeration technology, for which we have received awards and industry accreditations.
We offer all our employees 22 days plus bank holidays. Our extensive benefits package includes; Private Medical Insurance, Income Protection Insurance, Life cover - 2x salary, Childcare Vouchers, Discount scheme - including Gyms, Employee Assistance Programme, Introducers Bonus Scheme and an excellent pension scheme.
Main Purpose and Scope of the job
As a Mechanical Project Manager you will be supporting the company in being responsible for allocated building services projects, working closely with the design engineers, fellow project managers, supply chain as well as the main contractors and their respective teams.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to;
* Managing day to day operational aspects of the whole project(s);
* Attend client surveys, scope assessment meetings, pre and post contract interviews;
* Assist in collating costs in conjunction with site services, design and procurement;
* Procure materials and utilise better buying processes to maximise commercial gain;
* Take responsibility for financial forecasting and resource planning for each respective project;
* Provide sufficient health and safety documentation, site safety plans and deliver toolbox talks/site audits;
* Attend site in and out of normal working hours as required to ensure project delivery;
* Interpret all project requirements and associated documentation;
* Understanding the client's expectations yet able to identify any potential commercial risks to ensure the project is delivered on time, on budget and compliant;
* Ensure that all project works meet health and safety requirements as a minimum;
* Preparation of Operating and Maintenance manuals and similar project files.
* Excellent attitude and approach to work.
* Highly self-reliant, motivated and enthusiastic.
* Approachable, open and able to work as part of a team.
* Excellent customer care and interpersonal skills.
* Commitment to quality and attention to detail.
Skill Set, Qualifications and Experience
* Proven track record in the HVAC / mechanical services industry. Must have sound knowledge of all mechanical systems from LTHW, domestics, public health through to gas and ventilation services and understand the world of contracting;
* Recognised industry qualifications;
* IT proficient - all key Office products, including Microsoft Excel to an intermediate level;
* High numeracy levels & commercial astute;
* Thorough knowledge of the latest health and safety regulations;
* Able to remain calm and focussed when under pressure;
* Excellent communication skills at various levels from subcontractor through to client;
* Full driving license;
* Suitable CSCS Card.
Please click 'Apply' to continue and send a copy of your CV, please ensure you include details of your current salary.
The company is committed to the principle of equal opportunities in employment and declares its opposition to any form of less favourable treatment, whether through direct or indirect discrimination, association or perception accorded to employees or job applicants, on the grounds of their; race, religion or belief, disability, ethnic origin, nationality, marital/civil partnership, pregnancy/maternity, gender, sexual orientation or age.
Apply for Mechanical Project Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly