Second Line Software Support
Why work for our client?
Our client is a multi award-winning company - big enough to operate globally, but small enough to value every team member. They are an equal opportunity employer, they value diversity and are always on the lookout for brilliant, creative people to help them make their educational software even better.
The role of the Second Line Software Support sits within the Quality Enhancement team who help deliver their primary goal - unequivocal customer satisfaction. They are looking for a skilled technician who can assist with supporting the more technical aspects of their product. The Role is based at their Telford offices.
• Debug code to troubleshoot issues reported internally and by customers
• Run customer requested reports (Mongo/SQL)
• You will deal directly with customer support issues either by telephone, electronically or face to face, obtaining and evaluating all relevant information to handle enquiries.
• You will take ownership of customer issues and make sure these are resolved
• Manage the allocation of support tickets
• Log and resolve first line support queries
• Ensure that Service Level Agreements are met
• Investigate, reproduce and escalate reported issues
• Log bugs and requests in the issue/project tracking software
• Participate in technical regression testing for software releases
• Be responsible for assisting first line support and taking on technical questions from team members
• Work with the team to continually improve policies, processes and procedures
• Be available to provide support on weekdays between 8:30am - 5:30pm
• Good time keeping
• You MUST have 3+ years experience of providing technical support and have knowledge of C#, Mongo and SQL server. A degree in an IT related subject would be an advantage.
• You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate findings articulately.
• You can demonstrate evidence of problem solving and developing creative ideas to support company growth
• You have a results oriented approach to all work with a continuous improvement mindset
Salary: £20000 - £24000 + Pension & health scheme
Please apply online for this Second Line Software Support role with your CV and covering letter.
Please check your email for confirmation that your application has been received and to follow further instructions if applicable.