6 days left
- Part Time
Due to the nature and pressing need of the role you will be required to work such hours as are necessary for the full and effective performance of your duties, including evening and weekend work. The normal working week is 37.5 hours. Working hours are negotiable at interview but need to be delivered over a minimum of 4 days. Where the proper performance of your duties requires that you work excessive hours, you will be allowed time off work in lieu.
Holidays: 25 days per Annum + Bank Holidays.
Evening and weekend work will be required. Frequent travel in Gloucestershire and occasional national travel.
Pension: Auto enrolment pension scheme of 1% or 3% with matched contribution
• To prepare monthly Management Accounts including Income and Expenditure, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow reports, and explain variances against budget to the CEO, the Finance Committee and the Board of Directors.
• To prepare monthly Operating Statements for each department of the organisation, and explain variances against budget to the CEO and Departmental Managers.
• To compile annual budgets ahead of the financial year and updates thereafter, in conjunction with Departmental Managers.
• To ensure all financial transactions comply with the Charities SORP (FRS102), and the Charity Commission rules and regulations.
• To operate the Purchase Ledger, including invoice authorisation and supplier payment.
• To operate the Sales Ledger including invoicing and Credit Control.
• To prepare monthly payroll spreadsheet for the external payroll partner, and operate the Auto Enrolment (Scottish Widows) pension scheme.
• Bank reconciliations and petty cash administration.
• To prepare audit schedules ahead of the annual audit and assist the auditors with the preparation of the Financial Statements.
• To work with appropriate staff to support funding applications and ensure full cost recovery.
• Develop and maintain financial systems in response to ever changing funding providers and projects.
• Claim Gift Aid from HMRC.
• Undertake other duties as requested by the CEO that are commensurate with the seniority of the role.
• Track and monitor income and expenditure for funding/ grants/ programmes/ projects and provide financial information to support the periodic reports required by the various funders.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
To work as part of the Executive Leadership Team and undertake responsibilities as required to ensure the professional running of the charity.
Person Specification - Skills Knowledge and Ability:
• An appropriate financial qualification such as ACCA or CIMA and a minimum of five years’ experience in a senior finance role preferably with a charitable or not for profit organisation.
• Strong analytical and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise workload and consistently meet deadlines.
• Excellent working knowledge of SAGE Line 50 and understanding of payroll processing.
• Excellent IT skills including fast and accurate use of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Databases.
• An advanced understanding of Microsoft Excel is essential because all of the financial reporting is produced using Excel. Experience of working with ODBC and Queries to import financial transactions from Sage 50 to Excel and the use of Pivot Tables and Macros within Excel is mandatory and must be demonstrated during the recruitment process.
• Experience of Quality Assurance and Moderation procedures.
• Experience of Audit management and delivery.
• Ability to interrogate complex information and make plans accordingly.
• Understanding of Young Gloucestershire’s Vision and Mission.
• Understanding of Equality and Diversity, Safeguarding and YG’s culture.
• High level of communication, interpersonal and presentation skills, including experience of writing accurate and concise reports
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team with shared and overlapping objectives.
• A mature, proactive and diplomatic approach, with the ability to work unsupervised.
• Confident communicator with an ability to liaise and work with people at all levels.
• Current clean Driving Licence.
• Ability to work flexibly and take on training when required.
• Experience of working in the charitable and/or voluntary sector.
• Experience of working at a senior level.
• An understanding of the issues facing young people.
Job Title: Finance Manager
Salary: £30,000 to £35,000 pro rata and subject to experience
Contract Type: Permanent (Subject to Funding)
Responsible For: NIL
Responsible To: Chief Executive Officer
Please apply online for this Finance Manager role with your CV and cover letter.
Please check your email for confirmation that your application has been received and to follow further instructions if applicable.