Founded in 1964 as one tractor dealership in Carlisle, Lloyd Ltd is now one of Britain’s leading distributors of a wide range of agricultural, construction and groundcare machinery and equipment, with eight branches across the north of England and south of Scotland. Covering every aspect of sales, service and parts, Lloyd Ltd represents many of the world’s leading manufacturers, including New Holland, Doosan, Manitou, Honda, Kubota, Amazone, Väderstad and many more.
From tractors to telehandlers, ride-on mowers to excavators, Lloyd Ltd has considerable experience and expertise in helping its customers identify the right equipment for the task at hand and ensuring it continues to perform to its best. With the addition of Lloyd Equestrian to its domestic Lawn & Leisure business, as well as selling and servicing new Isuzus and used pick-ups and 4x4s, Lloyd Ltd has become a one-stop-shop for the rural community.
They are now looking for a commercially astute Service Manager with excellent leadership and interpersonal skills to manage and lead a team of Service Engineers and Service Advisors at their Throckley branch. Candidates must be organised, able to work under pressure, be IT literate with excellent communication and negotiation skills. Workshop management experience is essential and knowledge of the agricultural / construction industry would be preferred, although not essential as full training will be provided.
An ideal Service Manager will have the following skills and experiences:
- Proven experience in a workshop management position (essential)
- Management Qualification NVQ (Preferable but not essential)
- Extensive workshop mechanical engineering experience (preferable but not essential)
- Relevant Master Technicians Certificate or LTA (Preferable but not essential)
- Member of a relevant body (eg AEA, IAgrE) (Preferable but not essential)
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels. This will include the ability to: -
- Communicate instructions & information effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Report relevant performance information as appropriate to your team.
- Ability to effectively identify relevant Management Information needs.
- Proven ability to lead and motivate a team of people to achieve excellent results
- How to identify and evaluate alternative options to proposals on expenditure.
- Financial understanding of operational spend & how to influence cost reductions
- Strong Team Management Skills
- Inform employees about their legal responsibilities for maintaining a healthy, safe and productive working relationship and environment.
- Provide opportunity to employees to make recommendations to improve work activity, cost & service.
- Through mutual understanding motivate employees to achieve goals & Company objectives.
- Provide training and development to employees via manufacturers and in-house training courses.
- Encourage “Fix First Time” ethos within the workshop and ensure high standards of customer service / satisfaction at all times.
In return, you will receive a competitive salary dependent upon experience, plus Company vehicle.
For an opportunity to join this expanding company please submit your CV online.
recruitx ref: 962140901 / INDHP