Secondary Science Teacher
7 days left
- Full Time
The Supply Register are currently working with a Secondary School in Surrey who are seeking a good to outstanding Science teacher that can teach up to KS5. This position is due to start in September 2017 and will end in July 2017, to cover maternity leave.
The school has been graded Good with Outstanding features by Ofsted.
“The leadership team has maintained the good quality of education in the school since the last inspection. You have developed a strong safeguarding culture across the school which staff and pupils feel proud to be part of.”
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a well-qualified Science teacher with a record of delivering good and outstanding lessons
- Have evidence of supporting students to make or exceed expected progress.
- Have an excellent record of forging positive relationships with students to encourage great learning
- Have a resilient character and a strong personal drive
- Have an exemplary attendance record
- To deliver outstanding teaching and learning of Science and help students achieve excellent academic results
- To design engaging and challenging lessons that inspires students to appreciate the subject and its application
- To ensure that students are safe and provided with an environment that allows them to take risks in their learning and become lifelong learners
- To plan, resource and deliver challenging, varied and differentiated lessons
- To help to establish and maintain exemplary student behaviour for learning
- To contribute to the effective working of the department and wider school
- To meet all aspects of the Professional Teaching Standards
- To plan, resource and deliver challenging, varied and differentiated lessons and sequences of lessons to the highest standard that ensures learning takes place and students of all abilities show progress
Teaching & Learning:
- Teach engaging and effective lessons that motivate, inspire and improve pupil attainment that maximizes the effective use of lesson time
- Continuously evaluate plans in terms of effective teaching and learning, and modify accordingly
- Implement effective approaches to gauge student understanding and intervene as necessary to ensure progress for all
- Develop plans and processes for the classroom with measurable results and evaluate those results to make improvements in student progress
- Ensure that specific student needs are understood and effective strategies used to allow all students to make progress.
- QTS or 5 years teaching experience
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Must have at least 1 years teaching experience
- Ability to work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced DBS
- Job Type: Full Time
- Salary: £125.00 - £195.00 /Day
We are a resourcing company providing an alternative to supply agencies in the form of a Bank First staff solution. The costs to schools are less than using an agency and this will be passed on by the schools to you in the form of a Pay to Scale Rate.
If you're interested in the positions and would like to join The Supply Register free of charge please click apply or call us on 01785 472 481.
(Science Teacher, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Key Stage 3, Key Stage 4, Key Stage 5, Secondary)
Apply for Secondary Science Teacher
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly