Personal assistant (PA) required to support a very sociable 30 year old female with special needs (Severe Global Developmental Delay and temporary ongoing mobility issues) who is 2:1.
The PA required must be a self-motivated, outgoing person who is able to plan activities which are appropriate to this young person’s needs and must be able to drive. At all times, the safety and well being of this young lady must be the utmost priority.
In order to fulfil this role, you must be:
- Honest and trustworthy
- Be able to take a hands-on approach to caring for a young person
- Able to drive – with clean driving licence (car provided)
- Knowledge of manual handling
- Good at planning and thinking ahead, as well as being flexible to change plans at the last minute
- Ability to make all activities fun and keep young person motivated
- Be able to attend daytime activities with the young person at the Rossendale Trust (attends sessions 3 times per week)
- Be able to carry out mobilising and rehab programme according to instructions from the physiotherapist
- Confidently administer personal care, including showering
- Be prepared to access hydrotherapy pool at Total Fitness (Wilmslow)
- First Aid trained (although not essential)
- Be willing to report back to family in terms of young person’s well-being, activities engaged in on a daily basis
- Accredited training available within role
If you are considered a potentially suitable candidate an informal interview and opportunity to meet this young lady will then take place.
Apply for Support Worker
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly