Domestic Violence and Abuse Worker
Domestic Violence and Abuse Worker
Full time = 40 hours per week - North Hampshire area
(part time hours would be considered)
Salary - £18,501pa
Availability - to start as soon as possible
We are a provider of Support, Care and Advice Services. We work alongside people to gain the tools and resources they need to live independent, secure and valued lives.
This is an amazing opportunity for highly motivated people with a passion to deliver excellent services to join our Domestic Violence and Abuse Service.
The organization is the specialist domestic abuse service for the YOU Trust and we work across Dorset and Hampshire deliver excellent services within the community and within crisis accommodation. We are recruiting for two DVA workers , the are part of a team providing practical and emotional support to women, men and children experiencing domestic abuse in Hampshire.
DVA workers are proactive in offering support to people living in crisis accommodation and for people living within their own community. Due to the nature of the work being a car driver with a car for work is essential for this post.
We are looking for a person who will:-
* work and support the You First team to deliver the service in line with the service specification, KPIs and YOU processes, policies and procedures
* be innovative in my practice and ensure I offer a safe service for those engaged with the project
* provide 1:1 support to enable the client to understand the impact of DVA
* monitor, review and reassess safety plans and support plans ensuring interventions are appropriate for level of risk and share this information with colleagues
* advocate on behalf of clients in a professional and respectful manner, encouraging and enabling clients to have their own voice and develop self resilience
Do you have:-
* Experience supporting women, men and children who have been subject to domestic violence and abuse on 1:1 or group work basis
* Knowledge of Homelessness legislation and prevention and Housing Law
* Knowledge of diversity and inclusion
* Knowledge of housing and welfare benefits including no recourse to public funds
* Knowledge of local resources and agencies which benefit clients and their children
* Understand the impact of domestic violence and abuse on adults and children
Our clients have asked that YOU staff are:-
* able to offer emotional support and someone to talk to
* willing to listen to me and spend time talking to me
* able to give me information and advice, can do the job properly and know what they are talking about
* someone who is supportive of my decisions
* warm, friendly, approachable and fun but will always be good at their job and help me
If this sounds like your ideal role we're keen to hear from you as soon as possible, so don't delay, contact us today! Click 'Apply' to forward your details on to us; ensuring that you include your name, email address, a contact telephone number, your CV and a brief cover letter detailing your interest and suitability for the role.
Alternatively please email your CV to Lucy Harling at . If you are successful at this stage you will be emailed pre screening questions to complete.
We are also recruiting to our bank of Sessional Support Workers, called Premier Crew. If this is something that interests you please ring 01329 821935 for more details
Apply for Domestic Violence and Abuse Worker
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly