Contract Type: Permanent
Job Elements: -
• Reporting to the Technical Manager you will be responsible for product development, formulation, production and testing of coatings.
• Solving problems with existing products.
• Attending technical meetings at customers.
• Attending customer application trials.
• Supporting activities at customers’ plants – intermittent customer visits on a technical basis.
• Preparation of laboratory samples.
• Testing to customer specifications.
• Preparation of laboratory test reports.
• Process involvement projects.
• Reformulation of existing products to meet customer demands.
• Contact with new raw material suppliers.
The ideal candidate will have: -
• Educated to Degree level (or equivalent) in Polymer Chemistry or related discipline.
• Chemical industry knowledge of processes and procedures.
• Formulating surface coating products.
• Knowledge of surface coating test methods.
• Spray application techniques.
• Experience with standard Microsoft packages.
Petrie Recruitment Limited acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers.
Apply for Development Chemist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly