PART TIME DRIVER - (School Minibus) - 20hrs per week
2 days left
- Part Time
PART TIME DRIVER – (School Minibus) - 20hrs per week
Bloxham, North Oxfordshire
£8,039 per annum, plus benefits.
The successful applicant will be responsible for one minibus route collecting and returning pupils to and from school on specified routes.
- Collect pupils at designated points on minibus route in the morning and return them to drop off points in the evening according to the timetable prepared by the Transport Manager.
- Liaise with parents of pupils on a day to day basis.
- Maintenance including:
- Daily walk round checks.
- Sweeping out vehicle after details.
- Washing and mopping vehicle weekly.
- Checking oil and fluid levels, fuel filling, changing light bulbs, checking tyre pressures and other checks specified by the Transport Manager.
- Comply with school’s Road Transport Policy.
- Carrying out other transport related duties specified by the Transport Manager .
The appointee may also be invited by the Transport Manager to work extra hours on occasion to drive pupils for school events such as sports matches, airport runs and outings but there is no compulsion or entitlement to do so.
- 20 hours a week (unless otherwise specified in contract of employment). Normal hours (depending on Route) being about: 6.15 to 8.15 a.m. and 6.00 to 8 p.m. Monday to Friday, though these will vary according to the route.
- (Note: There is an option to just do morning shifts or afternoon shifts.)
- Extra hours maybe worked as agreed with the Transport Manager on other tasks within legal driving hours.
- You are not to exceed legal driving hours in force at the time.
Training & Development and Requirements
- Must hold a full UK driving licence with category D, D1 or D101 entitlement.
- Complete a Minibus Driver Awareness Scheme course (MiDAS).
- Refresher driver training as specified by the Transport Manager.
- Must be fit to drive.
- You will need to be available to attending mandatory training days / courses, on or off site, as and when required.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, please apply ASAP.
*PLEASE NOTE – by applying to this position, you agree for your CV to be submitted to our client, who shall contact you directly, should your application make their short-list.
Our client is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including checks with past employers and the DBS.
Apply for PART TIME DRIVER - (School Minibus) - 20hrs per week
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly