4 days left
- Full Time
Are you a Railway Engineer looking to get your career on the right track? Want to work for an iconic steam railway that has been in service since 1896? If so, our client wants to hear from you.
Our client operates a unique railway within the leisure and tourism sector in Wales and provides customers with an experience that is unrivalled within the UK. Having just celebrated their 125th anniversary, our client is committed to delivering breath-taking views to visitors from around the globe.
This is a fantastic opportunity to support the success of the only true mountain railway in the UK and work in an area of outstanding natural beauty as a Railway Engineer.
- Salary of up to £40,000
- Subsidised rail travel
- Facilitate the continuing success of a hugely popular visitor attraction
- 22 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
Joining a stunning heritage site surrounded by mountains and the coast, you will have the chance to contribute to, maintain, and enhance an exceptional business that has stood the test of time.
What’s more, you will have the opportunity to interact directly with customers and share your passion for the ultimate mode of transportation.
As a Railway Engineer, you will be one of a small group of Managers and will ensure that work under your control is effectively scheduled and completed. Our client has unique engineering challenges to test and interest engineers:
- Swiss made steam locomotives up to 122 years old - keeping these running is a priority for the railway and is a challenge
- Heritage carriages with new bodies on original chassis from 1895
- Diesel Locomotives from the 1980s
- Track system designed by Dr. Roman Abt which is unique in the UK, unless you have worked abroad this will provide a new challenge
- The summit building is operated and maintained by the Railway, the building is a modern design but lives in a harsh environment, five miles and 3,500ft from the base in Llanberis. This poses quite a challenge in its own right
As part of the Engineering team you will get to relish some or all of these challenges and bring your experience and knowledge to help improve the Railway and operation:
- Permanent way and track maintenance
- Diesel and steam locomotive maintenance
- Civil engineering
- Building management systems
This is a seasonal visitor attraction which operates seven days per week from March to October. As such, you will be required to take part in weekend duty management cover during this period.
To be considered as a Railway Engineer, you will need:
- Previous management experience
- An HNC, ideally degree level, qualification in an engineering discipline
- Excellent time-management abilities
- Great communication skills and the ability to engage with staff
- The ability to plan and schedule workloads
Ideally, you will also hold a relevant Health & Safety qualification.
Our client is interested in hearing from candidates who have held the title of Railway Engineer, Engineering Manager, Permanent Way Engineer, Locomotive Workshop Manager or Building Systems Manager.
Other companies may call this role Rolling Stock Manager, Track Maintenance Manager, Maintenance Team Leader, Train Maintenance Manager or Engineering Maintenance Manager.
Webrecruit and our clients are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re a Railway Engineer who would like one of the most stunning office views in the world, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.