2 days left
- Full Time
Are you experienced in landfill operations or waste management and are looking to take on a new challenge? If so Viridor are recruiting and are looking for individuals just like you!
Viridor is one of the UK’s leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy.
This is an exciting time to work at Viridor. We are at the forefront of the UK’s green economy and are one of the UK’s leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. We use smart people and smart technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world’s resources new life.
Due to continuing business success and growth we now have a fantastic opportunity available for a Landfill Operative to join our team in Pilsworth, Bury working 50 hours a week
Landfill Operative key responsibilities:
Working individually or as a member of a team, carrying out a variety of manual, machine operating duties relating to the landfill and associated activities. Duties Include:
- To assist in ensuring the day to day operational activities at Pilsworth Landfill site are carried out in accordance with the Company Procedures.
- This role requires a flexible approach to ensure vital tasks are achieved in a timely and precise manner. Working at weekends, nights and bank holidays may be required.
- Ensuring maintenance/operation of site plant and equipment is carried out in accordance with manufacturers’ and Company instructions
- To ensure that waste is deposited/disposed of in accordance with the Permit, Working Plan and Company Procedures.
The ideal Landfill Operative:
- Knowledge of relevant plant and machinery including operation and first line maintenance.
- Ideally experience in driving plant vehicles and machinery
- Full UK Driving Licence.
- Possess a recognised training certificate, for example CITB/QPTC/Waste and Utilities certificate
In return for your hard work as our Landfill Operative you can expect to receive a salary of £24,500 per annum. You will receive excellent benefits and plenty of opportunity for personal development. You will be working within in a team-orientated and collaborative environment for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable.
If you are looking for your next challenge as a Landfill Operative then we want to hear from you, please click APPLY!
Closing Date: 14th August 2017
The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.