Our client is the largest prestige motor group covering Cumbria, the North East, Lancashire and the South of Scotland and has been successfully trading for over 40 years. Privately owned and family run, the company prides itself on its professional yet personal approach in dealing with and supporting its customers and staff, always committed to the communities it serves.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Sales Controller to join the busy team in Carlisle.
Working within a busy Retailer and Reporting to the Sales Manager, the Sales Controller will negotiate and record finance deals, ensuring appropriate content complies with FCA regulations where relevant & with Corporate and Franchise requirements and standards.
Detailed responsibility includes:
* Assist in achieving sales volumes and profit target
* Lead and Motivate the sales team, to ensure every customer receives outstanding service
* Maximise any commercial opportunities through events and campaigns
* Personal coaching and mentoring of sales staff as required
* Monitor and control daily sales activities on an ongoing basis
* Ensure that both franchise and corporate standards are met by all members within the sales department
* Continually review new and used stock against the business policy
* Authorising or determining part exchange prices for the highest level of return on each applicable deal
* Monitoring departmental activities
* Controlling the day to day level of cover on the sales floor to ensure there is adequate cover for the business
* Monitoring local competition reporting to the sales manager with any counter measure proposals
* Working alongside existing management structure to ensure retailer continuity
* Working alongside all sales staff, second facing customers to close sales opportunities
* Monitoring internal and external displays, ensuring franchise standards are met
* Negotiate successful finance deals by calculating & presenting finance deals in a prescribed format to all prospective Customers passed to them by Sales colleagues.
* Keeping all deals within agreed financial parameters as laid down by Management.
* An experienced Business Manager/Sales Controller within the motor industry.
* Driven with great commercial awareness.
* Excellent people skills with ability to work well under pressure.
* IT literate with excellent organisational skills and ability to adhere to processes.
* Attention to detail with a flexible attitude towards work.
In return you will receive a competitive salary plus Company Car.
For an opportunity to join this expanding company please submit your CV online.
Apply for Sales Controller
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly