Development Engineer / Infrastructure / Software Engineer
3 days left
- Full Time
Job Title: Development Engineer
Location: Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire
Salary: up to £50,000 per annum + excellent benefits
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent (Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week)
Our Client is the UK's leading provider of contact centre Multi-Channel customer service and secure payment solutions and an award-winning employer.
The Company is an established, exciting Technology company providing some of the largest businesses in the UK and globally with customer service and payment solutions. Their customers include some of the best-known brands across the world in the UK, US and Australia.
Today, their aim is simple: To help their customers make every contact centre experience satisfying and secure for consumers. Come and discover what's refreshingly different about the Company.
They work in a colourful, collaborative open-plan environment where you will find cross-departmental teams working on exciting projects, releasing new products/technology and on- boarding clients. They have also won awards for investment in their People Strategy.
They have an exciting opportunity for a talented Development Engineer to join their team providing outstanding identification of customer requirements and solutions, development of products along with installation and implementation of tailored customisation and configuration.
They are looking for someone who is excited about technology, thinks outside the box and passionate about providing development support.
Key responsibilities include:
- Working closely with customers to define their requirements for solutions;
- Development of new features within the Company's core product suite.
- Explaining and discussing technical solution details and requirements with prospective customers.
- Working closely with other departments to ensure transparency of resource availability and projected workload requirements.
- Ensuring processes are followed and Company standards are maintained.
- Familiarity with the Development lifecycle
- Experience of telephony infrastructure (i.e VoIP, PRI)
- DTMF methods and signalling
- Experience in low level application design and languages (C and C++)
- Appreciation of low-level network programming;
- Knowledge of web application security methods and how they are implemented;
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- The ability to explain technical concepts in a friendly and patient manner
- An aptitude to learn new skills and apply knowledge to solve complex problems
- Ability to work as part of a team or individually but without continual supervision
- Hardware experience (Taps, Patch Panels, Electronics and Cabling)
- Development methodologies and lifecycle
- Embedded programming
- Version Control
- Both GCC & Visual C++
- MSI Creation
What's on offer?
- In return for your skills and experience, our Client offer a competitive salary and a flexible working environment:
- Life insurance
- Simply Health scheme
- Access to group Bupa membership scheme.
- Pension scheme
- Share Incentive Scheme
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Employee Recognition schemes
- Free tea, coffee, fresh fruit and snacks
- Relaxation floor (lunch area, quiet room, pool table, Xbox)
- Well-being initiatives, such as in-house Reflexology and Sports Massage
- Discounted offers
- Team days and Volunteering events
- Christmas & summer company events
- Focused on education and training (conference attendance, higher education sponsorship)
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Apply for Development Engineer / Infrastructure / Software Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly