Family Support Worker (PW1) (16 HPW), Confident Parents, Stronger Families, South East Wales
5 days left
- Part Time
The Confident Parents, Stronger Families Service was established in April 2017 and promotes family resilience through the delivery of holistic support packages for children, young people and their parents.
Parents will be supported to improve their skills and knowledge, whilst enhancing their child’s health, well-being and development. The support provided will address the particular support needs of families through individual and group programmes.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities;
- To deliver holistic family focused programmes and interventions
- To support parents to build upon their strengths and improve their parenting capacity
- To contribute to Service development.
- To apply safeguarding and child protection procedures.
It is essential that the successful post holder has;
- Experience of working with children and families in a Family Support setting
- Knowledge of safeguarding procedures and legislation
- Awareness of factors impacting on and issues facing vulnerable children and young people and families
- The ability to listen to and communicate effectively with children and young people.
- The ability to accurately and clearly record case notes deploying the necessary standard of writing and IT skills.
It is also a requirement that you are able to work flexible hours which will include occasional evening and weekends.
Although this contract has a permanent status, please be aware that this post is subject to funding until 31st March 2018 and therefore should this funding not be extended further, you may be subject to a redundancy consultation or a TUPE arrangement.
Apply for Family Support Worker (PW1) (16 HPW), Confident Parents, Stronger Families, South East Wales
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly