HEAD OF COMMUNICATIONS
2 days left
- Full Time
HEAD OF COMMUNICATIONS – RESERVE FORCES’ AND CADETS’ ASSOCIATION FOR WALES
The role is responsible for the coordination of the internal and external corporate communications for the Association. This will include Corporate Communication, Community Engagement, Recruiting Support and Public Relations. They will work closely with the CE (Association PR activity), DCE (Cadets & Youth activity) and the Regional Employer Engagement Director (REED) for employer support matters in line with strategic guidance.
A vacancy has arisen for a Head of Communications at the Reserve Forces’ and Cadets’ Association for Wales (Crown Servant, Pay Band C2). The post is based in Maindy Barracks Cardiff.
The starting salary is £30,797.00 per annum. There is a CARE pension scheme available.
The successful candidate will be on probation for a period of six months and final confirmation of the appointment is dependent upon the satisfactory completion of this probationary period.
PRINCIPAL AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY/TASKS AND DUTIES
3. Description of primary duties
- Corporate Communications
- Develop and maintain an Association Corporate Communications Plan, ensuring that RFCA communications reflect MOD and RFCA corporate policy. Assist in the development of “communications best practice” not only within the Association but also with other RFCAs.
- Assist the Head of Engagement to communicate effectively with selected regional and local government institutions, youth organisations, veterans and ex-service organisations and the Association membership. Develop and maintain the Association’s website and oversee the Association’s social media activity. Ensure “brand compliance”. Community Engagement
- Coordinate support to Service Presentation teams and other Chain of Command events.
- Assist the Head of Engagement in the organisation and running of community engagement and recruiting events. Public relations
- Promote the public reputation and image of the Association.
- Facilitate local and regional proactive Public Relations for Reserves and Cadets including recruiting and Employer Engagement events. Maintain and develop the PR aspects and content of the RFCA website and other social media. Working closely with the REED in support of employer engagement initiatives. Working with the DCE, develop PR and opportunities and support the Air Training Corps and Sea Cadet Corps as resourced. Enabling the members to support Defence messaging in line with the Regional Agenda. Recruiting Support
- Working with external agencies and in close consultation with the Capita/Recruiting Group partnership, provide community engagement and recruit marketing support to local Army Reserve Units as resourced.
- Design and develop the ACF regional recruit marketing plan in line with the ACF national plan and in particular assist ACF counties in the design and production of all materials to be used for local adult recruitment in accordance with the ACF brand. Working with the DCE to establish and maintain a working relationship with youth agencies.
4. Descriptions of Secondary Duties
- Corporate Communications
- Facilitate communications between Cadet, Reserve and Regular units.
- Produce and edit relevant publications including e-newsletters, and literature for Annual Briefing, Membership Forums and community engagement events.. When required, prepare media briefs for the Association and ACF and briefing notes for the Chairman and CE.
b. Community Engagement
- Coordinate Lord Lieutenants’ presentations.
- Act as point of contact for RFCA Community Engagement events (Annual Dinners, QBP, MP visits, etc.).
c. Public Relations
- Providing public relations support for events that are run by both RFCA and Brigade (in close conjunction with Media Ops) in order to enhance the reputation of the Armed Forces in the community.
- Managing and working with external marketing and PR agencies. Organise key promotional events such as exhibitions, press conferences and commemorative celebrations.
d. Recruiting Support
- Attend recruit marketing and public relations conferences and provide advice on ways to invigorate existing campaigns.
- Any other task within the broad remit of this role that may be reasonably required. Maintain professional currency in order to deliver up to date support to reserve units.
5. Staff Management Responsibilities
- Line manager to Communications Officer
6. General Qualifications and Personal Attributes
- Senior management and organisational experience.
- Welsh speaker Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentational skills. Strong sense of team work. Computer literacy with strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications. Training will be provided on bespoke programmes. Clean driving licence. At least 1 year’s relevant experience in Digital or Social Media environment. In depth knowledge and usage of social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Smart Phone Apps) and how to engage with wider audiences through these mechanisms.
- Qualified Web Designer.
- Understanding of the three services (Army, Navy and Air Force – Regulars, Reserves and Cadets). Understanding of Military website compliance. HR experience Budget management experience.
7.Specific Requirements. Any personal or professional requirements specific to this role.
8.Other Features. This job description:
- Should be discussed/ read with the line manager at the time of receiving the Annual Personal Development Report.
- May be reviewed in the light of changes during the period of your appointment and on change of incumbent.
Because of the changing nature of our business your job description will inevitably change from time to time. You may be required to undertake other activities of a similar nature that fall within your capabilities and are commensurate with your grade.
Completed application forms (which must be accompanied by CVs) are required by not later than Friday 25th August 2017 but we reserve the right to close the application process if a suitable number of applicants apply before this date.
Please click apply to email your CV.
References should NOT be forwarded with completed applications.
Apply for HEAD OF COMMUNICATIONS
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly