Sales / Operations Manager
2 days left
- Full Time
New opportunity not to be missed! Speedy Freight has an exciting opportunity for a Sales / Operations Manager to join the team based in Liverpool. The successful candidate will join our extremely busy traffic office on a full time permanent basis and will receive a competitive salary of £28,000 - £35,000 per annum plus dependent on experience (plus car, laptop & phone).
Speedy Freight is a 24hr, Sameday Courier and Express Freight Service provider, supplying cars, vans and trucks to undertake; Urgent, Delicate, Fragile, Heavy, Time Sensitive, High Value, Abnormal and Difficult to Handle Loads for commercial and domestic customers throughout the UK and Europe.
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Sales / Operations Manager role within a busy logistics office. We are looking for an an enthusiastic, organised and hard working person to fulfil the role of Sales / Operations Manager.
Key reposnibilities as our Sales / Operations Manager:
- Setting and agreeing with Directors key objectives for the operation and ensuring the delivery of those targets
- Visiting customers to carry out business development and ensure good customer retention
- Working with the driver base to ensure consistent supply of quality drivers and vehicles as customers grow
- Maintain key performance levels and customer service
- Regular visits will include key customers and potential new customers
- Completing site audit forms in relation to statutory duties, ISO compliance and HSE
- Looking for new opportunities and establishing long term relationships with key clients
- Ensuring compliance with current legislation in the handling, transporting, and sale of courier services
- Report directly to Franchisee, their direct reports and employees at all levels within the company to continually improve business performance and company objectives.
- Franchise Development Team
- Accounts department
The Sales / Operations Manager must have the following experience:
- Full Driving Licence.
- IT Literate including Microsoft, word, excel and outlook.
- Written, oral English and Mathematics to GCSE standard
- Knowledge of all Van, Light Goods and Heavy Goods vehicle specs, but not essential, as full training will be given
Performance Management Responsibilities:
- Will be monitored on via the appraisal process and internal meetings
- Professional and confident manner
- Excellent communicator
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work within a team and under own initiative
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure in a time sensitive environment
- Excellent literacy and numeracy skills
- Report writing
- Clear and confident telephone manner
Experience in the logistics sector would be an advantage but not essential as full training will be provided. A proactive, enthusiastic attitude is essential.
With excellent opportunities to develop and enhance your career, Speedy Freight is the place to be. Why not click apply today to become our Sales / Operations Manager – don’t miss out on this exceptional opportunity to join a busy forward thinking courier and transport provider.
No Agencies please; if you are an agency please respect our policy of no cold calling. Previous applicants need not reapply.
Apply for Sales / Operations Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly