3 days left
- Full Time
Hi, we’re Sorted.
We've got tons of exciting Dev jobs - want to join us? Find out more: Sorted.com/join-us
We’re raising global standards by harnessing game-changing tech to transform the world of deliveries. It’s a big claim, but it’s true.
We’re ambitious, brave and agile – so if you’re the same, we want you on our team.
Let’s cut right to the chase.
This is a rare opportunity for someone who wants to use this environment to grow professionally and become a fundamental component in an industry-leading development effort.
We’re heavily invested in providing RESTful APIs to our customers across our microservices, using C# and Nancy against SQL Server. We follow cherry-picked Agile practices, centred around Kanban, and utilise TeamCity as our continuous integration server with Octopus for deploying into our Azure-hosted environments.
We need someone to get to grips with distributed codebases to craft great APIs and SDKs for other developers to use. You’re someone that will distil the real-world problems faced by our customers and produce elegant solutions. We want someone who aims to practise software development, design and architecture to produce something that not only makes our current customers’ lives easier, but also keep an eye to the future.
Keep the Python in your pants we are a C# house.
For this role, you must have:
- Good C# abilities
- SQL experience, preferably SQL Server with performance tuning a bonus
- Experience writing testable code and tests
- Experience with distributed systems – specifically client-server / service oriented / microservices
We’re willing to train people who are keen to learn, but exposure to any of the following skills would be desirable:
- API development
- Performant ORM experience, particularly Dapper
- Using and administering Cloud platforms like Azure or AWS
- Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery
- Working with Agile principles
- Distributed source control with git and branching/versioning (Gitflow)
- Principles of caching and cache semantics (we use Redis but specific experience with this is not essential)
For starters, we offer cheap travel (if you’re willing to be shipped as a parcel that is).
If you’re not really into living in a box, you’ll love our office. Our home is in the centre of
Manchester, just off Deansgate, and very soon we’ll be moving to a bigger and better City
Centre office that isn’t like any other in town.
We reward and develop the experts we recruit. Our new benefits package is second-to-none, so far including:
- 40 days holiday (plus an extra one for your birthday)
- 5% pensions contribution from us
- Childcare vouchers
- Training and development support
- Free beer and cheese (yes, really)
We’re here to support you every step of the way, so developing you is as important to us as
developing our products and services.
Apply for Software Developer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly