Sports Coach HRIN51779
2 days left
- Full Time
We have an exciting opportunity for a Sports Coach to join the team at Bridge college for a two year funded programme. Bridge College is the Together Trust’s specialist education college for students aged 16 to 25 years with disabilities, complex needs and autism. Bridge College promotes a multidisciplinary approach to learning and has expertise in supporting students with a wide range of needs. The Sports Coach will be a two year contract funded by Sports England which aims to tackle inactivity in colleges.
In collaboration with the Sport and Outdoor Curriculum lead, you will project manage and co-ordinate a range of initiatives and activities which include:
- Develop sustainable clubs that will continue after the end of the project for a range of sports and arrange fixtures/ competitions against other colleges, clubs, etc.
- Build links with external sporting agencies to increase sports participation (events, coaching opportunities, hiring facilities, links, local leisure facilities, access to sports – travel training skills and family support etc
- Encourage students to not only participate in sport but develop skills necessary for other sports specific roles i.e. coaching, refereeing. This may also include upskilling students through the appropriate training and qualifications i.e. NGB coaching qualifications
- Work collaboratively with the multi-disciplinary team (tutors, physiotherapists, occupational therapists, nursing, positive behaviour support and speech and language to deliver outstanding and inclusive sporting events
- Safeguarding our students at all times.
This is a great opportunity for a candidate qualified in sports/Sports development, Coaching and Fitness/ Activity Leadership/Fitness Instruction and Self-development in Active Leisure who is looking to make a real difference in helping people to become more active.
As part of your hard work and dedication we offer the following benefits;
- Great working environment with excellent facilities
- Childcare Vouchers
- Pension scheme
- Death in Service plan
- Training and development
- 25 days holiday
Together Trust provides a range of social care, special education, community support and consultancy services in the North West of England. The charity is one of the North West’s largest providers of residential homes for children from short-term emergency care to long-term placements. Our fostering service provides family placements in the North West and neighbouring regions.
We provide some of the leading specialist education services in the North West region, operating a range of special schools, a further education college and centres supporting those who cannot attend mainstream schools. In addition, we offer a wide range of training, consultancy and support services for parents and carers.
This is a Blue Octopus Recruitment Ltd vacancy who are operating as an employment agency. Once you have clicked to apply for this vacancy, we will then send you more information on the role including a copy of the application form via email.
Apply for Sports Coach HRIN51779
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly